Sunshine Solar inverter chargers - any thoughts?

MikeVan

If you dig around a bit you will find a manual. However,a company that doesn't see the importance of mentioning what voltage the charger operates at during different stages, or neglects to mention what battery chemistry is targeted, is a company I'd avoid. Also, they seem to be oriented towards grid tied installations so possibly not the most sensible option for a MH in any case.

MikeVan - 2020-07-29 7:26 PM

... assuming it's a multistage charger, of course!

No need to assume, the datasheet linked on the product page is very clear that the device has is a 3 stage battery charger.

The datasheet also states that 'the power source should be a good condition deep-cycle lead-acid battery'. It doesn't, however, state the charging voltage.

Andrew

Hmmm why do people reply with unhelpful comments? Sure, I can call them. I can imagine how the conversation will go...

"Hey, are the products made under your brand any good? Do you have experiences of them?"

Yer, honest answer I'll get in return, no doubt!

Sorry, I know I could call them for the info on how many stages their charger has, but I was also asking here if people have any experiences of them as, really, I'd trust other people's experiences of the product over what the company who are selling them do, especially when it's their own brand product.

If you can't be helpful, why post?

Archived