Sunware fox D1 showing a minus amp

sreve

Hi

I have a sunware fox D1 level indicator which shows the voltage level of the battery and at the press of the button shows the amps going into the battery from the solar panel. I noticed this evening that it is showing a minus amp reading while using the habitation lights at night. My question is is this normal to see a minus reading when using the lights while there is no charging from the solar panel. I have never noticed the reading before but that is not to say that it has always shown a minus reading at night while power is being used.

Thanks

Hi,

Your habitation battery will normally be charged from one or more of three sources. These are, from the vehicle alternator via a split charge relay, from a mains charger when on EHU, or from your solar panel. Charging is conventionally indicated as a +ve current. If parked up at night without EHU, then none of the previously mentioned charging sourses will be available. In this situation any electrical load such as lights, water pump etc, will have to be drawn from the habitation battery, and will be indicated as a discharge or -ve current.

Alan

Archived