Supagard paint and fabric protection

flyboyprowler

Ooh how exciting, lucky you, hope you have as much fun as we did. We had the Superguard carried out at new and to be honest I can't tell it's there. The paintwork it still hard to get marks off and my upholstery still has marks, now the question is would things be worse had I not had Superguard and to be honest I don't actually know, sorry but it all depends on whether you believe their blurb ir not.

Many happy travels.

I use for my vehicles a Autoglym trained valeter.

With my assistance he made a great job.

But. Total waste of money and time.

Regular cleaning and polishing is far better.

Use the £950 to have 2 enjoyable weeks in France

The salesman tried hard to get us to sign up for Supagard for £350 when we changed our car recently. I resisted his charm and got a quote from a local valeter for £100 for the same thing. When I told the salesman he immediately 'consulted his manager' and reduced the price to £150.

The valeter also told me confidentially that it was not really worth having and that a good valet twice a year would be better vfm.

He tried the same stunt with gap insurance and I found that online for close to £100 so he again 'consulted his manager' and again came back with £150.

We decided against both from any source!

When I bought our Vantage Neo they threw in the paint treatment for free but I would not pay for it myself as I would still polish the van at least twice a year anyway so it would be a waste of money. In my opinion the treatment is not a substitute for polishing and I believe it needs to be topped up every year anyway.

I once bought a VW and they tried to sell a paint treatment to me but I was not interested so they threw it in for free. What they did though was to reduce the price of the car then add the paint treatment so the total was the same but I guess they did this so they would get their commission on it. I read somewhere recently that car salesmen can make more money selling paint treatments and Gap insurance or puncture warranties than they do selling cars. I would never pay for any of these add ons as I believe they are all a rip off.

Although not supa guard I have had two of these treatments one was guaranteed for five years after two years the protection had worn away off the front and rear panel and yes, they came out and done those areas again but it didn't last a year, the first one included the upholstery but the stuff that they used made it a much darker color I had a different version the next time but it was no better, you would have thought that I would have learnt my lesson but having a disability I can no longer wash my van my self and was hoping that this would be the answer.

I bought a new van in 2015 and saved the money for diesel and ferry fares.

Pete

I had it on my GRP bodied Eura Mobil, as others have said it's great for a couple of years then seems to lose it's "functionality".

I was told by a motorhome valeter that the process was designed for metal bodied vehicles whereby, at a microscopic level, the product will bond and stay put. On a conversion type vehicle with flexible walls the coating will not stay put as long.

It's a huge amount of money in my view for such a shortlived benefit.

I had a valeter re-polish (machine polished) my van using Autoglym products, he suggested I go over it once a year by hand using the same products to maintain the finish indefinitely. I have found this process much more durable and cost effective.

Archived