Suppliers of waterproof protective cover for bench seats?

Homer01042001

We don't use waterproof covers but use mattress protectors held on by safety pins and loose throws on top.

Sometimes if it is wet and miserable we tempt the dogs up on the rear fixed bed (with treats). I have a cheap sleeping bag I got from Aldi or Lidl spread over the bed to absorb dampness.

ps, we also carry a number of dog towels sourced from Charity shops. Once ruined they get binned and others bought to replace them.

Thanks so much for telling me how you deal with his issue. There's so much out there for protecting furniture that I was getting bogged down. It's not just the grime and slobber...the dog hairs also stick! I'm going to give mattress protectors a whirl. Sleeping bags are an excellent idea and I get a weekly Aldi fix so I'll keep an eye out. Appreciate you taking the time to help.

When we had a dog (westie) we bought a zipped up dog bag (I think that they are still available) you just popped your dog in, done up the zip, waited about five minutes and then let her out and she was dry and mud free. it was like a micro fibre material, I don't think it would help much with the slobber though. lol

Pete

We have always had wipe clean style seat coverings fitted as standard in our vans due to dirty dogs and motorcycle gear.

However in one previous van which didn't have wipe covers we had an upholsterer make simple stretch waterproof covers over the seats of our van. They were custom fit but worth every penny.

A web search “custom seat covers” might provide an answer. If possible take a look for a supplier who makes covers for 4x4s.

It is the landed gentry with dogs ( and 4x4s) that require covers for the Range Rover ;-). That probably have a suitable material.

We have an Amazon product in the back seat of our car , but there maybe too much surplus material in a mhome setting

Link to Amazon

Rgds

(Edit - Link shortened to correct page width error - Keithl)

Archived