You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Sureflow water pump
AuthorMessage
userMowhawk 2014
Posted: 11 July 2022 8:31 PM
Subject: Sureflow water pump

Just joined

The sureflow waterpump on my Autotrail Mowhawk packed up recently so I purchased a replacement. Once I had installed it the water started spluttering out of the taps like it does after the system has been drained. I bled copious quantities of water through but to no avail. I have systematically gone through an attempted fault diagnosis as follows:-

Remade all connections
Installed new filter
Checked all connections again
Removed all pipework to input side and replaced with a new hose to a bucket of water
These actions have made no or little difference. The supplier tells me it cant be the pump it must be the installation but I cannot see what else it could be. Before I insist on a new pump has anyone got any ideas?
usercolin
Posted: 11 July 2022 9:12 PM
Subject: RE: Sureflow water pump

Legendary contributor

Only thing I can think of, have you made sure the Truma dump valve is shut, assuming you have one.
userwitzend
Posted: 11 July 2022 9:12 PM

Epic contributor

Mowhawk 2014 - 2022-07-11 8:31 PM

I cannot see what else it could be. Before I insist on a new pump has anyone got any ideas?

I have a submersible pump and can only prime one tap at a time and start with the shower tap removing the head and sucking on the hose, if / when it starts leave it pump for a while then switch it off an on with the kitchen tap.
This works for me
Second though you haven't missed any blanks in the new pump?

Edited by witzend 2022-07-11 9:14 PM
userGman
Posted: 12 July 2022 12:17 AM

Pops in from time to time

Changed my water pump a few months ago, same prob, just ignore it,
it will sort it self out mine did, and became a lot quieter.
Hope this helps.

Steve.
userbuddy
Posted: 12 July 2022 9:46 AM

Gets involved

Mowhawk2014 , Is there a non return valve fitted in the system (normally near the hot water boiler input feed) that could be faulty ?

Edited by buddy 2022-07-12 9:49 AM
userMowhawk 2014
Posted: 29 July 2022 4:02 PM

Just joined

Thank you everyone for the helpfully advice, I haven't replied earlier as I had a bit of trouble logging into the forum then forgot because I sorted it. I tried everything I could think of and in the end I pursuaded the supplier to swap the pump for another new one and everything worked perfectly so it was a faulty new pump after all the agony and constant changing and checking filters and connectors. Once again thanks for suggestions.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator