Swift Motorhome vinyl fabric

marksrv6

I recently piurchased a new 2018 swift bessacarr 597 from the local dealer and I now require some vinyl fabric to recover a piece of moulded trim on the end of one of the seats that has got damaged, I tried the local dealer and another swift dealer, neither of which could be bothered to help, so I contacted Swift direct and their response was you have to buy the spare parts through the dealer, so resulting in a stalemate. Does anyone know where I might be able to source some vinyl to match the original. It’s a Ivory type colour and the interior is called Silverado.

I have tried several samples from the internet but none match.

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Or could someone recommend a Swift dealership that can be bothered with spare parts.

• 2 weeks later...
I found Johns Cross very helpful when I wanted some for an Autocruise I owned. The only trouble Swift supplied the wrong colour as they had changed the spec and had no supply of the original (van was only just 3 years old and just out of warranty) I never found a alternative. The Swift supply was also about £50 pmtr

Mark

If you haven’t done so already, you might try asking about this via Swift Talk

https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/owners/swift-talk

As the Bessacarr motorhome is a 2018 model, it OUGHT to be possible to obtain matching fabric and, if it’s only a small piece you need, I would have thought Swift might be prepared to give you a piece if you approach the company nicely, explain the situation, and say how much fabric you need. Slagging off Swift dealerships won’t help your cause, but begging might...

I would be surprised if dealers carried stocks of fabric for this sort of repair. What about taking the damaged trim into them and asking for a replacement covered trim from the factory rather than a bit of material to fix it yourself?

marksrv6 - 2018-08-23 12:46 PM

I wouldn't expect them to carry stock but they could order it...

Are you sure that a Swift dealership can order the vinyl fabric you need? Basically, is the vinyl fabic (in defined sizes and at a stated price) in the list of things orderable by a Swift dealer via Swift’s ordering process?

I’ve obtained upholstery material for my Herald and Hobby motorhomes. For the Herald I scrounged the small piece I needed from the motorhome manufacturer: for the Hobby I bought a couple of large pieces when I purchased the motorhome.

If you can’t get a dealer to obtain the fabric for you and Swift are insisting you go through a dealer, demand from Swift how they expect you to get what you require...

Archived