Swift Royale 610 (95) - general query

Ferguson50

hi we have a swift royale 610 (1995)

have been trying to get a handbook but with no luck

anyone know where we might get our hand on one?

we are a tad confused as to where the switch should be when wild parking and when connected to mains

any help would be great

...can't help with a handbook, but from memory the panel 12v power switch is a three-position one.

If so, then the centre position isolates both the leisure battery and the vehicle battery from the 12v habitation supply, but will still ensure a 12v habitation feed if you are on mains h/u.

The other positions connect the 12v habitation electrics to either the leisure battery, or the vehicle battery respectively, and one of these should be selected if there is no h/u. (and patently, the vehicle battery position should be used only sparingly in this case, as you may deplete it and create starting problems - really only a short-term "emergency" option if the leisure battery is already depleted).

AFAIR, the leisure battery is only charged from mains if it is also selected at the panel when on h/u.

It is also likely (though not definite) that selecting the vehicle battery whilst on h/u will charge that instead (though this did vary by year).

So, recommended normal setting for the panel switch (whether on hook-up or not) when "pitched" would be to the "caravan battery" symbol.

A caveat that this is from memory, but HTH.

...again, only working from memory, so more caveats.

The battery charging and fridge supply from the engine should (I believe) be operative regardless of the position of the 12v panel switch.

The fridge should (of course) be switched to 12v mode whilst travelling (and there may well be an indicator light to show that it is working).

....I hadn't bothered looking before as I thought 1995 might be a bit old.

It was, but I suspect the details in the following downloadable (2000) handbooks relevant to the Royale might still be very close to those for a 1995 model.

(and certainly, my memory of what was on my 'van is confirmed correct).

http://tinyurl.com/swroyale

and

http://tinyurl.com/swroyale2

I'd suggest you check for relevance.

Archived