Switzerland

Guest Don Madge

Guest Don Madge
Do you have a motorhome over 3500kg? Have you visited Switzerland this year? Did you have to register for HVF? The Swiss HVF site :- http://tinyurl.com/cb4j4 states The principles as well as the broader framework for fee calculation are defined in the legal framework (Swiss constitution, HVF Act and HVF Ordinance): the fee burdens heavy vehicles according to the "polluter pays" principle (driving more leads to higher fees). The HVF applies to all domestic and foreign vehicles for the transport of goods (lorries, tractors and their trailers) with a total permissible laden weight over 3.5 tons. Under the old system Motorhomes over 3500kg were treated the same as the truckers or was the last time I visited Switzerland with my Liaka 400i. How are Motorhomes treated now? Don

Don Like you, I found large motorhomes were treated the same as trucks ans buses for motorway use the last time I visited Switzerland. This was last Sep (2004). I wonder what happens now? Regards Neal

Guest Don Madge
Neal, From what I can gather from other motorhome sites they seem to be useing the pre 2005 system for motorhomes.ie 10 days for SF32.50.or there abouts. Don

Archived