You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Switzerland
AuthorMessage
userDon Madge
Posted: 13 August 2005 9:32 AM
Subject: Switzerland

Do you have a motorhome over 3500kg?

Have you visited Switzerland this year?

Did you have to register for HVF?

The Swiss HVF site :- http://tinyurl.com/cb4j4 states

The principles as well as the broader framework for fee calculation are defined in the legal framework (Swiss constitution, HVF Act and HVF Ordinance): the fee burdens heavy vehicles according to the "polluter pays" principle (driving more leads to higher fees). The HVF applies to all domestic and foreign vehicles for the transport of goods (lorries, tractors and their trailers) with a total permissible laden weight over 3.5 tons.

Under the old system Motorhomes over 3500kg were treated the same as the truckers or was the last time I visited Switzerland with my Liaka 400i.

How are Motorhomes treated now?

Don
userNeal
Posted: 13 August 2005 10:09 AM

Don

Like you, I found large motorhomes were treated the same as trucks ans buses for motorway use the last time I visited Switzerland. This was last Sep (2004). I wonder what happens now?

Regards

Neal
userDon Madge
Posted: 13 August 2005 4:42 PM

Neal,

From what I can gather from other motorhome sites they seem to be useing the pre 2005 system for motorhomes.ie 10 days for SF32.50.or there abouts.

Don
userRonB
Posted: 14 August 2005 6:33 PM

I can confirm that the Swiss are still (July '05) treating over 3500kg motorhomes at the same rates as recent years.

Ron
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator