Sworn statement for France.

Ninian

Ninian - 2021-11-07 3:51 PM

Hi, Organising next years trip and I'm just wandering if anyone knows what does the " Done In " refer to at the bottom of the page next to the date.

Not sure what statement / form you are referring to, but I had a browse and came across a form on the Eurotunnel site that you may be referring to. ( ? )

It's basically a sworn statement that you haven't been in touch with anyone with Covid, no symptoms, etc.

Having filled in all the obvious info to identify you it then says " Done AT " ( not " Done in ) - so I my assumption is that they want to know where you were when you signed it ?

:-|

We did a trip in September, Dublin to Cherbourg. A sworn statement was a requirement. I interpreted the done in/at as my home town as maic has suggested.

On arrival into Cherbourg the statement was not requested, however our N. Ireland vaccine passports were examined as was our nationality passport. We chose to travel on our Irish version and had no issues outbound. The locator form for return to Ireland was straightforward. I did not bother with one for coming north.

Davy

The Irish passenger locator form should be completed in the 72 hours prior to arrival into Ireland. The acceptance of your submission is inside a specific time period. Have a look at this link and then click on complete the form link for illustration. An early submission will be rejected.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/travel_to_ireland_during_covid.html#

With regard to the sworn statement for entry to France, I completed the form a day or so before travel and dated it for the day of travel, then laminated them (I do the same with the ferry confirmation email).

Davy

This Northern Irelad link advises on the Passenger Locator Form (PLF)

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travelling-northern-ireland-non-red-list-country

Passenger locator form

You must fill in and submit a UK passenger locator form(external link opens in a new window / tab), either on arrival, or in the 48 hours before you arrive in Northern Ireland (or your first point of entry into the UK/ Republic of Ireland, if not direct into Northern Ireland) that includes:

- details of your journey

- contact details

- the address where you will self-isolate (if applicable)

- booking references for managed isolation(hotel quarantine) and testing (if applicable)

If you are claiming “fully vaccinated” status you will need to:

- declare that you have been fully vaccinated on your passenger locator form

- show proof of your vaccination status to your carrier (ferry, airline or train) when you travel

Guidance on filling in the UK Passenger Locator Form can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

There’s been a lot of criticism of the PLF (that must be completed and submitted online)

https://list23.com/252104-traveling-to-the-uk-is-a-ux-design-nightmare/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k13395502-o10-Flying_returning_to_UK_passenger_locator_form-Air_Travel.html

To minimise the hassle, setting up an account makes good sense. This permits a PLF to be filled in partially and the unfinished form then completed and submitted within the 48 hour ‘window’ before arrival in the UK.

I’ve played around with the online PLF procedure and it wasn’t a fun experience. The procedure allows proof of vaccination to be provided online via a screen shot or scan of the QR code from one’s valid vaccination certificate. I managed to do this by using two devices (my iPad and my iPhone) but I’ve yet to work out how to do this solely online (ie. not using a paper certificate) with just my iPhone. If one can manage to get the procedure to accept the vaccination certificate’s QR code, that code will appear on the PLF after it has been submitted and approved.

The presence of our sworn statements was checked by both Brittany Ferries and French passport control on our recent outbound trip, although I don't think that either went as far as to examine their content.

Personally I found the PLFs easy to complete, having set up accounts for both of us before the trip. I'd thought that using a laptop might be the easiest way to complete the form but in fact the webpage was very well formatted for completion on a phone, plus of course the phone's camera could be used to scan the vaccination certificate QR code.

The requirement that the form be completed in the 48 hours prior to arrival in the UK did annoy me slightly (especially as 24 of that 48 were onboard the ferry) as I had everything needed to complete the form prior to leaving home, but then you do have to declare that you haven't been in a red list country within the last 10 days so I expect that that is where the timing comes from.

BTW the QR code on the PLF isn't a match to that on the vaccination certificate, so must contain different/additional data.

We ignored Brittany ferries requirement (or was it recommendation) to print hardcopy of the PLFs; both BF check-in staff and UK Border Force were happy to be handed an iPad on which to look at the forms.

Steve928 - 2021-11-07 8:42 PM

...plus of course the phone's camera could be used to scan the vaccination certificate QR code...

Does that mean you used your phone to scan the appropriate QR code from a ‘paper’ version of the UK COVID Pass, or that you uploaded the QR code into the PLF without using any hardcopy input?

The potenial benefit of having a print-out of the PLF will be if a mobile device is not operable when a traveller’s PLF needs to be checked. If a valid proof-of-vaccination QR code can entered when filling in the PLF it will appear at the top of the PLF document that will be emailed back to the traveller (example attached below) after the PLF has been submitted and accepted. There’s no mandatory requirement to have a hardcopy of the emailed PLF document and - for most travellers - obtaining a paper copy version would be a real challenge. As you’ve said, the QR code on a PLF document differs from the QR code on a UK COVID Pass. (The French TAC Verif app recognises UK COVID Pass QR codes, but not the QR code on a PLF.)

If one looks at the history of the UK PLF, it’s evident that the online completion procedure is not set in stone. It would be worth Ninian keeping abreast of travel ‘documention' requirements (API, sworn statement, COVID Pass, PLF, etc) but it’s anybody’s guess what changes will have taken place by 2022.

We recently cancelled a Brittany Ferries trip to France a few days before the travel date, but (except for the PLF) I’d already printed out copies of the documentation I knew I’d need as well as storing those documents on our iPhones and iPad. I’d set up PLF accounts for both of us, but I hadn’t tested the online PLF completion procedure. In fact - as you found - I had no real problems subsequently filling in the PLF (though I’d question the clarity of some of the wording) other than at entering the QR code stage.

PLF.png.29d8043b6afba33c6a49b4f5aa0709c9.png

Derek Uzzell - 2021-11-08 8:37 AM

Steve928 - 2021-11-07 8:42 PM

...plus of course the phone's camera could be used to scan the vaccination certificate QR code...

Does that mean you used your phone to scan the appropriate QR code from a ‘paper’ version of the UK COVID Pass, or that you uploaded the QR code into the PLF without using any hardcopy input?

The former, I scanned the QR code on a paper (laminated, so through a layer of clear film) Scottish NHS vaccination certificate.

Archived