T4 DIY Conversion - Late 2003

Guest Daniel

Guest Daniel
Hi, I'm looking for a back issue of MMM which had a feature article about a T4 conversion. I believe it's late 2003. I think it was a 4-5 page article, with illustrations. Is anyone aware of this article, and if so could you advise which issue it was in, and how I get a copy of that issue ? Many thanks, Daniel.

Guest Derek Uzzell
There's a 4-page article titled "Made for Two", beginning page 179 of MMM Jan 2004, that relates to a conversion of a SWB 1.9D VW T4. Is that the one you are thinking of? If it is, e-mail me on derek.uzzell@talk21.com and we can arrange for you to have my copy.

Guest Daniel
Derek, Many thanks for coming back to me on this. I'm on this forum for my father-in-law, and will check with him tonight, and then come back to you. It sounds like it could be just the ticket.

Guest Daniel
Hello Derek, We're sure this is the article, and it would be great to get a copy. We're happy with a photocopy if you can get one, or the magazine itself if you don't mind parting with it. Obviously we'd like to reimburse you, so we're happy to send a cheque for the necessary amount, before or after receiving it. Please let me know what you'd like to do. If you're sending by post, please forward to 1 Inglewood Cottages, Calthwaite, Penrith, CUMBRIA CA11 9RE. Many thanks, Daniel

Guest Derek Uzzell
Daniel: I'll post the article to the address you've provided - no reimbursement necessary. I looked back through MMM 2003 issues and forward through 2004 but couldn't spot anything similar. Regards Derek

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daniel
Derek, Apologies for the delay. My father in law was delighted to receive the article you so kindly posted. Thanks very much for doing this; he would have written to thank you but there was no address. We've done 2 things here .. firstly it proved to him what a son in law can achieve, and secondly proved that these computer things, can get results that you would otherwise be unable to achive(.. the latter being especially rewarding in that I work in IT, and he's never valued this as a proper job), thanks again. Daniel.

Archived