TPMS

niktam

Well a strange bunch we all are as if we can pay sub £40K or £100K's for a MH and the chances are they are all based on the same vehicle -Sprinters excepted. Can't think of anywhere else that happens in life?

Having been used to company cars for the last 40 years I can say that with very few exceptions I ran up high mileages some nearly 200K miles in around four years and generally things didn't go wrong. I had two Alhambras both were at 190K miles and nothing went wrong in 4 years on both vehicles one I see now is at 330K on the MOT site and the other one is at 220K or so but that one " lost" 100K after it left us.

Recently, my MH went in for and MOT with the TPMS light on so it had to be sorted first as such a light is a "safety" issue. I tried everything rechecked the tyres inflation to 72 and 79 etc. Two lots of diagnostics and it turned out to be a defective detection receiver which required renewal and reconfiguring all is well now but I'm well over £400 lighter? Hopefully this isn't an indicator of things to come as it has already covered a massive mileage 13,000 miles already!!!!

Mine failed it's mot due to the warning light being on (my pressures were low and I left it thinking that they would blow the tyres up and it would reset (I can't manage the tyres myself due to disability) however, after blowing to the correct pressure the warning still didn't go out.

The garage put the van on diagnostics and tried to reset it but that didn't work but then they cleared the Cachet ? and all was well and I have had under pressure reports since which have gone with reinflation.

I have found out since, anyone with a disability will get their tyres checked and inflated for free at Kwik fit, other businesses may do the same.

I was charged £80.00 by the garage for the use of the diagnostic computer.

Pete

Archived