TV Antena

ramsay

• 2 weeks later...

I use a medium sized digital aerial with an aluminium pole that just clears the MH roof, I can attach this to the tow bar frame or use a spotlight tripod which is handy to leave behind when driving away.

I downloaded an app for alignment for wherever we may be.

Beginning of this year we bought a portable satellite dish in a case from Satgear (great service), obviously couldn't use it until August but it is far better than faffing around with a weak digital terrestrial signal and takes minutes few to setup using an app(again) to get the direction right. we use the same tripod to mount it, the kit also comes with other mountings such as suction cup, clamp for flat surface etc. during the storms of mid August we had a steady picture whilst on an exposed campsite in Cornwall.

I use a short TV antenna with a magnetic base. This is stored in a steel biscuit tin. The tin is glued to a cork mat which is varnished. When I want to use it I take it out of the tin, mount it on the top of the tin, stick the tin through the skylight and then connect it to the TV. It's just so much easier than messing around setting up a satellite dish.

IMG_2871.thumb.jpg.fba9248d179225eaeab5f9dc3efc8064.jpg

Archived