Taking campervan into Netherlands

silverbike

Hi everyone

There’s quite a lot on the forum about taking the vans into France and the checking of foodstuffs at the French side but has anyone here taken their van into Holland recently and can report back on the Dutch customs actions.

Thanks

The actual regulations are exactly the same in both countries, because in both cases you will be entering the EU. I think it would be wisest to stick within the rules and then see what attitude the Dutch authorities take.

From what people have reported on here it seems the French have been taking a fairly relaxed approach to food carried for personal use, but their interpretation seems in conflict with the wording of the regulation.

I haven't checked recently, but I'm unaware of any clarification/relaxation issued by the EU, so the French border experiences may reflect a French interpretation that may not be be the same as that applied at other border crossings.

I assume attitudes/interpretations may change depending on how the UK government handles the NI protocol spat.

Well we had a bit of a longer queue than normal for passports but there was no sign of them searching leisure vehicles for pork pies.

Shopped out now after a few hours in Obelink buying stuff we didn't know we needed. For those that haven't visited the "largest camping store" in Europe its about 20 miles from Arnhem and well worth a visit if you want to save a few bob.

https://www.obelink.nl/

Archived