Technical advice on my satellite system please

Goneoff

Need advice please from someone who understands satellite systems and capabilities.

I have an 85cm Teleco satellite dish which is pre-loaded with the following satellites: Astra 19, Hot Bird, Thor, Sirus, ALT Bird 3, Hispasat and Astra 28. Most of which are pretty useless for us as in the main we travel to southern France, Spain & Portugal. Even Astra 28 now disappears somewhere in mid France. Most folks I’ve met have had there dishes adjusted and now pick up (naughty) Intelsat 907 via an IceCrypt box. The question is; Is it possible for my Teleco to be reconfigured to align with Intelsat 907 via an IceCrypt box to pick up UK channels without going to the expense of a totally new system?

If this is possible do you know anyone or company who would sort it out for me?

Robbo - 2018-11-23 9:19 AM

The OP has also posted this thread on MHFun with more details about his system.

So, if anyone wishes to comment, suggest they first view the other posting

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/icecrypt-and-85cm-teleco-advice-please.187398/

And the wildcamping forum.

The race is on to see which forum delivers the goods. :D

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=amiko+satellite+receivers&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB788GB788&oq=amiko+receivers&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.12393j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You will need a multi satellite receiver, such as the "Amiko", as per the link.

It is technically possible to receive Intelsat 907, with your Telco, but with modifications. The easiest of which, would be to use a double LNB bracket, 2 LNB's, and an automatic switch.

Any competant installer, ought to be able to do this, but, I am afraid, that many would be reluctant, because it isn't a fixed system, but you could try, locally.

Robert Jackson did introduce a similar fix, for the Oyster Vision 1, when the manufacturers stopped supporting it, because of transponder changes, but I see that you have already tried him

P.S. I'm surprised that the OP loses Astra 2, mid France. Perhaps he meant just BBC/ITV, because we still receive Astra 2, in Spain. and even Poland, with our Amiko. From memory, around two dozen channels.

I am interested in this subject myself. We intend to visit Croatia and round that area next year and were looking for a system that will give terrestrial TV in those (and Spain) areas. Currently the Oyster will work certainly through France and a little in Spain, but short of fitting an IPTV box, and relying on having internet, the choices are very limited.

Archived