Teleco teleplus rubber gaiter repair

malshadow

Sorry for the delay, The rubber gaiter neck which the teleco mast tube passes through becomes adhered to the tube, on elevating, the neck of my gaiter had become completely detached from the rubber base . The fix, raise the arial tube gently, with the aid of a step ladder lever the rubber neck spring tightener up over the rubber neck and onto the tube, purchase Dial 25 x3 mtr self fusing rubber tape, 200ml flomasta silicone spray, SCREWFIX tape £2.99 spray £2.35 if the rubber neck has become detached reposition. Measure the neck height and circumference allowing overlap on the circumference, the height was about 20 mm so with a Stanley knife trim the rubber tape accordingly, i used a dab of super glue on the joint before wrapping in case the neck rotated as I affixed the tape. gently lever the spring retainer back over the rubber and lubricated the tube with the silicone go back inside and gently lower the mast apply with a piece of kitchen towel a wipe of silicone. Caravan and motorhome forum members have this mentioned in there forum but were unable to solve it, hope this helps. PS vehicle teleco arial 4 years old.

Archived