Thank you DVLA

Conrad

We're often quick to criticise, especially officialdom. Got a nice cheque in this morning's post from the DVLA after declaring SORN on my 'van just 8 days ago. And the Lloyds bank app worked a dream to deposit it. A good start to the day!

Conrad - 2021-01-07 11:32 AM

We're often quick to criticise, especially officialdom. Got a nice cheque in this morning's post from the DVLA after declaring SORN on my 'van just 8 days ago. And the Lloyds bank app worked a dream to deposit it. A good start to the day!

Thats all worked well for Us as well many times We sorn when ever we won't be using the van or car for a month But I don't think theres much Human Interaction involved making it run better

I got a refund when I SORNed a summer-only car a while ago but DVLA didn't refund pro-rata what I'd paid out, just the whole-months equivalent of the 12 month taxing rate for the vehicle. I'd bought it not long before and there had been a delay in the dealer handing over the correct V5, so I'd had to tax it at the 6 monthly rate because that was all DVLA would allow. I paid about £180 for 6 months tax and got a refund of only about £135 one month later so it was an expensive month's use.

Archived