Thank you for the forum info.

Guest Mike C

Guest Mike C
On this forum a while ago I read about problems with the turbo to air box pipe coming adrift on Fiat JTD engines and the effect on performance and filed it in the old grey matter. Today had exactly this problem. The pipe came adrift with a loud POP when doing 65 mph and next thing doing 25 mph and struggling. Fault was exactly that and because of previous forum comments I new exactly where to look first, although on the 2.3 JTD it is obvious when the bonnet is opened. Cause, a rubbish clip that cannot be re-used or tightened. Friendly Peugeot garage (Glenvarigill Dundee) replaced clips with proper jubilee clips at no charge and I was back on the road in 10 minutes. Thanks to the forum and a big thanks to Glenvarigill Peugeot in Dundee. Regards, Mike C

I think that Fiat need a 'Little Black Book of bad Design' all to themselves,'Whistle down the Wind Door seals',Self destructing Gearboxes,Atrocious treatment on (what should be) Europe wide Gurantees on base vehicles,Cab floors that need 'levelling' with plywood,Etc, Etc, Don't you just Luv 'Em (well NO actually) One Thing... they ARE CHEAP. (for the converters...) I just wish that SEVEL would 'DO A 'Dagenham'or better still a 'Longbridge' Perhaps we would get some 'Worthy' Base vehicles then ??

Archived