Thanks for replies to Jules' Duetto post

Guest Charles

Guest Charles
Hi, Thanks everyone for all your replies to Jules' Duetto posting (apologies for our delay in responding). We will certainly investigate further, also alternatives suggested by Derek. Some questions for Mike Culver: You mentioned that the single beds are easier to make than the double. We would prefer the double bed. Also, as our little staffy terrier (actually, not so little!) tends to jump on to the bed during the night (especially if she is cold) we need a large double. I understand from the brochure that the Duetto double bed is big (1,810mm x 1,696mm), but does this require use of the cab seats (as the plan of the night layout in the brochure suggests)? You also referred to the shower - is it just the size that concerns you? A good washroom is important to us, as it is one of the key advantages over our tent! We look forward to further postings when you have been on more trips! Best Wishes Charles & Jules

Guest Mike Culver
Evening Jules and Charles, We have found that the single is easier and quicker to make, also you can leave some of the cushions at home, the double is fine but with our aches and pains the single suits us as there is not so much stretching etc, I'll leave everything else to your imagination, as they say its horses for courses but you do need those extra cushions, we just push the cab seats forward and put the infill cushions between them and the rear seats ,the bed is fine, very comfortable, do you need to get up in the middle of the night? What we did was to visit a dealer and get them to show us the different ways of making up the bed, they are only to pleased to do it. As yet we have not used the shower, only used C/C sites but being both on the large side and by that I mean up and not out!! its still dry but its only a matter of time, everything else is fine, we'll let you know how we get on. Re the actual vehicle, its a pleasure to drive, we are used to a diesel engine and find it no noisier that our car, so three weeks in we are satisfied customers all round. No I didn't work [terrible word] for Auto Sleepers!!! Happy hunting Be lucky Sybil and Mike Culver.

Archived