The end for Lunar

andy mccord

Sorry to hear of any supplier going down, - and even sorrier for those that will loose their jobs, - it's a traumatic experience that i,ve suffered in the past.

Some will have lost money - and stand little chance of getting it back, I think potential customers who've paid a deposit fall quite low in the chain, after HMRC and secured creditors. - Not good either.

These guys do / did build Motorhomes, - As mentioned PVC, although at one time they may have produced Coach-Built, I think I remember seeing one at a dealer, but it might have been something else, the name rings a bell although I cannot place it.

Knew I'd come across Lunar, - Our local dealership Webbs, used to sell PLA motorhomes, (Apologies to any one out there whose got one) - These vans were not without their detraction's and faults - and I think Webbs ceased selling PLA motorhomes quite soon after.

It seems that before Webbs took on selling PLA - Lunar was the agent involved, - I think Webbs may have had some Lunar branded PLA motorhomes at some point during the changeover.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/news/dealer-webbs-motorcaravans-to-sell-pla-motorhomes

Some Lunar motorhomes (which look very like PLA) are still for sale.

https://www.eshartleygroup.co.uk/detail/268364/lunar-cassini-eb-

It's a big shame when a company folds but I've heard nothing but bad things recently about the poor quality of the Lunar product.

I hope it serves as a wake-up call for the likes of Autotrail, Swift and Elddis or else they'll be next on the cards.

Having just watched the TV programmes on Persimmon new build houses, I'm becoming concerned about the monitoring of standards of workmanship across a range of UK industries.

Apprenticeships are a thing of the past.

I went to book a habitation check and was told a three month wait "as we can't get the staff".

I asked if they had considered training someone themselves and was met with astonishment, "we can't afford to do that!".

I don't think they can afford not to.

Billggski - 2019-07-19 9:01 AM

Having just watched the TV programmes on Persimmon new build houses, I'm becoming concerned about the monitoring of standards of workmanship across a range of UK industries.

Apprenticeships are a thing of the past.

I went to book a habitation check and was told a three month wait "as we can't get the staff".

I asked if they had considered training someone themselves and was met with astonishment, "we can't afford to do that!".

I don't think they can afford not to.

Unfortunately, they can. When they have people queuing up for their services with nowhere else to go they can do pretty much as they please. What I don't understand is why, when demand evidently outstrips supply by such a wide margin, there seems to be no move among existing operators to expand and few new ones entering the market.

Archived