You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Format:  Go
The shape of things to come?
AuthorMessage
usergoldi
Posted: 27 July 2020 4:19 PM
Subject: RE: The shape of things to come?

Has lots to offer

Good afternoon,

You should ask the police if they are telling you to break the law because you may be over the drink drive limit.
userJohn52
Posted: 27 July 2020 4:34 PM

Lord of the posts

goldi - 2020-07-27 4:19 PM

Good afternoon,

You should ask the police if they are telling you to break the law because you may be over the drink drive limit.

In which case they may be able to charge you for being in charge of the vehicle whilst unfit?
Why not just drive to a quiet street and park there when you are too tired to drive further safely.
I have to say I think its very irresponsible of Cumbtria police to move people on when they are doing no harm, and may be too tired to drive safely

Edited by John52 2020-07-27 4:41 PM
usergoldi
Posted: 27 July 2020 4:43 PM

Has lots to offer

John52 - 2020-07-27 4:34 PM

Good afternoon,

In which case they may be able to charge you for being in charge of the vehicle whilst unfit?
Why not just drive to a quiet street and park there when you are too tired to drive further safely.
I have to say I think its very irresponsible of Cumbtria police to move people on when they are doing no harm, and may be too tired to drive safely

Then there is questions to be asked if anyone can have a drink in their motorhome legally
userJands
Posted: 27 July 2020 5:59 PM

Just joined

The national trust is a private company supported by donations and members.
The best solution is to park overnight legally not breaking any bylaws, wild camping is not legal in England.
although tollerated by some land owners.
One van doesnt cause a problem but once the number increases it does, as I said there are perfectly good legal places to stop and sleep in buttermere that dont cause problems, help the local economy and dont annoy people, best the guy had used one.
Selfish illegal camping just causes problems to the responsible motorhomer.
userJohn52
Posted: 27 July 2020 6:28 PM

Lord of the posts

Jands - 2020-07-27 5:59 PM

The national trust is a private company.

The national trust is a registered charity, although you could be forgiven for thinking its a private company when you look at the accounts and see what the managers draw from it
userBarryd999
Posted: 27 July 2020 10:19 PM

Legendary contributor

goldi - 2020-07-27 4:43 PM

Good afternoon,

Then there is questions to be asked if anyone can have a drink in their motorhome legally

Its been done to death, nobody ever got prosecuted wild camping in a motorhome when having a drink. Ive even sat on a roadside layby 5 stellas down chatting to some local coppers in Scotland. It never even entered their minds to challenge it.

I guess in this situation you would just have to say "I cant drive ossifer as Im sh1tfaced". Any responsible copper would just say "ok then, please leave when you are sober" but I guess they could try and give you a ticket for not moving if they really wanted to be complete sh1ts.
useraandy
Posted: 29 July 2020 6:07 PM

Has lots to offer

goldi - 2020-07-27 4:43 PM

Good afternoon,

As I understand it, it is an offence to be in charge of a vehicle on a public road - which can include a layby - while over the prescribed limit, regardless of whether or not the vehicle is being driven. If you want to drink in a motorhome, use a site.
userDeneb
Posted: 29 July 2020 6:30 PM

Pillar of the forums

aandy - 2020-07-29 6:07 PM

As I understand it, it is an offence to be in charge of a vehicle on a public road - which can include a layby - while over the prescribed limit, regardless of whether or not the vehicle is being driven. If you want to drink in a motorhome, use a site.

And it is a defence to show that there was no reasonable likelihood of you driving the vehicle whilst in that condition. Normally somewhat difficult to prove to the satisfaction of a court if you are in a car, but if parked up in a MH in your pyjamas with the bed made up and settled for the night...
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator