Theft of vans!!

weldted

Despite my positive comments about the Wirral, I'm led to believe two motorhomes have been stolen in the last couple of weeks. One was a Ford Transit and the other a Fiat - the thieves broke into the house and stole the keys to the Fiat.

Good idea, Weldted.

Brock - 2019-02-14 10:36 PM

Despite my positive comments about the Wirral, I'm led to believe two motorhomes have been stolen in the last couple of weeks. One was a Ford Transit and the other a Fiat - the thieves broke into the house and stole the keys to the Fiat.

Good idea, Weldted.

Dont leave your Motorhome or car keys in obvious places, or near the front door. Dont make it easy for them.

weldted - 2019-02-14 7:10 PM

Just a thought, if owners were to take front and rear photos of their vans? And unfortunately stolen, publishing them may help. Mine has several scuffs a Towbar, rear camera etc, even if the number plate was changed it would still be recognisable

A better idea is to get huge stickers printed of the van's VIN or number plate or both and place them, either or both, on the roof as is done with police cars. Such stickers can be obtained easily from a print shop dealing with vinyl.

Mike88 - 2019-02-18 8:43 AM

A better idea is to get huge stickers printed of the van's VIN or number plate or both and place them, either or both, on the roof as is done with police cars. Such stickers can be obtained easily from a print shop dealing with vinyl.

A bit like this...

http://www.savaspace.co.uk/rooftop-security-lettering.htm

Keith.

PS Savaspace are at most of Warners MH shows and normally print signs while you wait.

Better than any signs is your own "eye in the sky"! Funny but true story about a theft.

Some guy pottering around the skies in his powered hang glider....as you do on a nice day, spots his mate driving down the road with his caravan so decides to phone him up...."oi you never told me you were going away", mate replies back, "i haven't, i'm at home", glider man to mate, "well that's funny, i've just seen your caravan going off down the road"!!

Sure enough it had been nicked from his drive so glider man followed and his mate called the police and gave them the glider pilots phone number. The police just waited for the caravan to arrive! (lol)

Archived