Those side marker lights

TheFrenchConnection

Many thanks to those who contributed to my earlier thread searching for a fuse for the side marker lights.

Fiat does indeed run a 'lights on' feed somewhere around the RH door pillar to operate a relay for the markers. It is just finding it on an A-class that's frustrating. Challenger have put it inside a chassis member behind the RH wheelarch, carefull positioned to be exposed to as much muck and moisture as possible. Changing the wiring colours adds to the fun of the chase. As it is just a simple plug-in relay it's not surprising it gave up the struggle but the saving grace is that a Hella replacement costs just €6 once you have found the little blighter.

Thanks again to all who contributed to the hunt.

And the original thread detailing the problem... https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Where-are-the-fuses-/58649/#M697279

TheFrenchConnection - 2021-08-07 1:36 PM

I'm trying to find out why the lower market lights on my Challenger 3088 have failed and the fuses seemed a good place to start.

The handbook helpfully identifies them but fails to mention where they have hidden the box! The main vehicle fuses are in the usual Ducato position but no sign of the 'domestic' ones.

Any clues would be gratefully received.

Archived