Three tread steps

Retired and Happy

We have a Dethleffs Eurostyle Motorhome and I've looked all over for a set of three steps (preferably folding). The omni step which is fitted is too high for my little legs, so thought we could use free standing style.

Please does anyone have a clue where we can purchase some from?

The internel floor level we need to reach is 68cm. Most two step styles are max 40cm, leaving my little legs 28cm to step into the vehicle.

Thanks for any ideas.

Retired and Happy - 2018-10-17 3:18 PM

We have a Dethleffs Eurostyle Motorhome and I've looked all over for a set of three steps (preferably folding). The omni step which is fitted is too high for my little legs, so thought we could use free standing style.

Please does anyone have a clue where we can purchase some from?

The internel floor level we need to reach is 68cm. Most two step styles are max 40cm, leaving my little legs 28cm to step into the vehicle.

Thanks for any ideas.

Welcome to the forum.

Screwfix have some folding two step - steps, where the top ( platform ) height is 48 cms.

Might be worth a look ?

Make a wooden plinth box to stand a conventional caravan step on, extended enough for the final tread. So two pieces with a useful "vegetable" cool storage box at the same time?

The step itself could be a folding type as this, it could fit in the inverted bottom box if space was an issue.

https://www.towsure.com/folding-double-caravan-step-alloy

We are big fans of our Giant Milenco plastic job in one of us being a tad infirm that offers a large grounding area to plant a foot on, and unlike our built in one it extends out a safer distance from the door.

https://www.towsure.com/milenco-mgi-giant-double-caravan-step

The trouble with free standing steps is that the better they are the more space they take up inside the van and the bigger they are the safer they need to be for stability.

Have you considered a single step used in conjuction with the built in step if the spacing is right for you?

What height is the omnistep?

Have you tried a plastic stool?

I had trouble getting into/and out of the cab, in our van. I used a small plastic step/stool, drilled a hole in the top, threaded a rope through the hole, then when I got in could pull the stool up behind me, and when I got out could lower the stool to step on. It worked well for me, as i could not reach the ground due to doggy knees.

The stool also worked as an extra step to the omnistar , when we had to jack the back of van up high.

Cost cheap in "pound" shops.Came in useful for other uses as well

PJay

Archived