Thule Omnistor awning 5000

curdle

I have been emailing Thule to try to obtain a cad drawing of the end cap of an Omnistor 5000 awning. I have scoured the world for a RH end cap damaged by a tree and thought I had found one in Australia, paid for it but then they discovered the computer said yes, but warehouse said no. I have seen several similar appeals on other motorhome forums with the same issue. A cad drawing will allow a 3D printer to model the end cap but Thule resolutely refuse to answer any emails in my experience. Anyone else had any luck?

It sounds as if you're used to using CAD so why not hand make an internal end shape mold of your own, the outside can be any shape, an end cap is a pretty mundane item designed to hide a rough ended metal channel protrusion. Make a pair left and right then you can bin the saved original.

If you don't have access to modern CAD systems making a shape to fit within a shape is pretty basic, it does'nt have to conform to all the angles and again the outside matters not, its merely to decorate an end.

Recently someone was advertising a M/H breakers in Wales try them.

Mike88 - 2018-09-13 9:57 AMWhat about a motorhome breaker such as (https://www.caravanbreakers.net/index.php/1.) They do motorhomes as well. Possibly a Company such as Rose awnings who might have some awnings beyond repair or kept for spares?
I used Rose awnings to get a sealing strip for my 13 year old Omnistor 5002 awning & found talking to him that he was very knowledgeable and helpful. May even have what you want?

• 2 months later...
As an update, I was unable to find the part at any of the suggested dealers. I recently, however found a 3D model at thingiverse.com and uploaded the file to a 3D printing service provider. A bit pricey but better than having to replace the canopy.

• 9 months later...
Bish - 2019-09-21 10:44 PM

Thanks for the guidance. I’ve found a 3D image of the RH end stop but not of the LH one, so still need that if anyone can help? Hillview don’t have it in stock :-(

Bish - if you find one please let us know. The LH cap on my 5002 awning is starting to crack around the screw fixing hole.

Unfortunately, they are not identical.

I've been onto the technical team at Thule and they refuse to send pics of drawings.

My last resort is to ask this forum if anyone could send me some pictures of their LH Omnistor 5000 so that I can then generate a 3D image which can be printed.

Would be eternally grateful and I'm sure other users would be too.

Archived