Tom Tom and Aires de Service

Guest Jack

Hello: I have just purchased a Tom Tom 3 navigation system linked to a HP iPAQ 2110 along with maps of western europe.I seem to recall from somewhere that you can download a programme that allows you to identify aires in France and the similar arrangement in Germany and Italy. Is this correct, if so; 1) How do I access such a programme? 2) How easy is it to install,(not that clever with the technology side of things!) 3) Are there any other downloads which may be of interest? Quite impressed with Tom Tom on its first outing. Many thanks

Guest trigrem
Jack Have a look at motorhomefacts.com for Aires forTomTom. You will have to register to download the required files but it is free. Download the file to your computer, save the file, Plug in your iPaq to your computer, put in the SD card which has the maps of the country for which you want Aires, transfer the saved download to your SD card. If you want more detailed instructions e-mail me at: trigrem@yahoo.com and I will provide step by step instructions. I will be back in UK Thursday.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Steve
Hi there, Regarding the French Aires file for Tomtom that can be found on MotorhomeFacts and also via PocketGPSWorld. I am the author of the consolidated file available on those sites, the new version of which has some 2147 Aires on it. I see that Motorhomefacts has today (8th May) had a catastrophic double hard disk failure so they are probably not going to be a download option for some time. Anybody who wants a copy of the new Aires file can e-mail me with their own e-mail address and I will send it together with any advice for loading and/or use. Steve

Guest Trigrem
Hi Steve, Thats a great offer for latest Aires de Service and I would like to take advantage. I do not have your e-mail address and cannot seem to obtain it on this site, and as the motorhomefacts site is down I cannot get it from there. So I will post mine here, trigrem@yahoo.com Doug

Archived