Tomtom Aires

Guest Geoffrey

Guest Geoffrey
Hi I have recently successfully downloaded the French Aires to my TOMTOM. Corr it looks fantastic, can’t wait to cross the channel ! But has anyone found a download for Germany, and more importantly (for us) the Italy Aires, our next target for a meander ? geoff@kumquat.demon.co.uk Happy travelling, don’t get toooooo lost. Geoffrey.

Guest Mrs  Johnson
Hello Geoffrey, I would like to know where you downloaded the information from onto your tom tom for the french aires as i will be going there in 4 weeks time.Thankyou.

Guest david lloyd
Hi Mrs Johnson Please see the two threads below names: Download aires to TomTom Navigator by david lloyd and To david lloyd- martin- or melb by TERRY Certainly Terry and I have both managed to successfully download all the aires from this site. Good luck, david

Sorry David, didn't quite understand your reply. Could you (or Geoffrey) be more specific as to how I can download French Aires to me Tom Tom please. Ma\ny thanks, Roy.

Guest david lloyd
Hello Roy Yes I was referring to two previous threads on this forum that give you all the information you need to download the aires to TomTom. As Norma says, the information is available at: www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm but I found it needed a little more explanation so posted a thread called: Download aires to TomTom Navigator If you scroll down the list of postings on this forum you will find that one - have a read but then find another post called: To david lloyd- martin- or mel b This was another query posted by Terry and it attracted all the information required to do the downloads. Have a look at both these and see how you get on - if you cannot see them on the list of postings type them into the search and you will get them. Regards, david

Hi David, Many thanks for the information. I have located Fichier POI (OV2) on Camping Car infos. and downloaded the file. It shows an Adobe icon in my folder but Adobe cannot open it? I tried just to open the file at source and the same applies - all I get is 'Adobe unable to open this file'. Any suggestions gratefully received. My GPS is Tom Tom 700. Also thanks to Norma for your contribution.

Hi again David, I have now managed to download the files onto my TomTom! I located FichierPOI (OV2) on Camping Car Infos and downloaded to a folder on my computer (no need to open them!). I then simply connected TomTom to USB on computer and just dragged the two files I was interested in onto Tom Tom. If anybody doesn't understand this procedure, you have both pages open and reduced, then it is a simple act to drag the icon from one to the other. It all seems to have worked for me now I am pleased to say and look forward to being able to use it next month when we go to France. Like the others I would be interested in finding out how to do the same for the German stellplatzen. Many thanks to everybody. Roy.

Guest trigrem
For those interested in German Stellplatz for Tom Tom, you can download from the download section of motorhomefacts .com if you are a subscriber.

Guest fjmike
But now that its a paid for site, does that mean that some of the POIs are illegal? (ie money being paid to access them). I'm not having a pop I'm just curious

Archived