Transmission oil top up comformatic

Seanwinder22

Hey everyone

my first motorhome so I’m trying to find out some tips and information on checks

I have a fiat Ducato 3.0 160 maxijet 59 plate comformatic

should I get the transmission oil checked or is this done on a motorhome service

any tips on anything I should get checked after buying my first van ? Any information to help me would be appreciated

I have just had it hab checked all passed so that’s ticked off at least

There are no provisions to check oil level on a Ducato gearbox: both the MLGU6 and M40 require you to drain the box and then refill with the specified quantity.

I'm unsure of the mileage at which an oil change is recommended, if at all, but I choose to change mine at around 25K miles. They are not the quietest of gearboxes and fresh oil, of a better quality if you chose, does seem to pay benefits.

As a 3 litre Comfortmatic yours should have the M40 box (as do manuals of 150bhp and over from Euro6 onwards) and this has a filler plug which makes the change very easy compared to filling via the small breather on the 'standard' MLGU6 box.

Hi buddy

Thanks for the great information ?? I ask because I was sure I did see a post by nick fisher saying not to top up

I can’t remember which thread he commented on saying this tho

My van is full service history but 78000 miles now and I can’t see anything on the gear box oil changed on any service it’s had

Archived