Travelling in uk

vino

Can someone please tell me what are the regulations/expectations of being able from now to travel around the UK in a campervan

I understand that the Camping and Motorhome Club are opening their doors 4 July - so does mean we are free to travel around

Thanks

AFAIK 4th is not 100% confirmed, but I think most are expecting it to be the date sites open, but at moment this is only England, Wales and Scotland have yet to give an indication as to when sites might be open.

I am more interested in when (or if) any Temporary Holiday Sites will open.

I can see problems with payment as it is usually cash or cheque to the Stewards. As only a water tap and cassette disposal is available, simple, sensible procedures should not be a problem.

Wales has today announced some freeing of movement in the next couple of weeks and "self contained accomodation" from mid July. The C&CC current guidance is no meets or THS starting in July. August onward to be clarified later.

I expect them to be cautious about "Social Camping" as it is less under central control and therefore seen as a higher risk. As you say sites are opening with remote payment which isn't feasible for THS.

We are due to run a popular THS in Wales in August but as yet have no clarity on future "England" policy ( who does?) which will largely dictate C&CC policy.

Higher risk, harder to control and no profit for HQ - so we are not sure about whether we will get go ahead. (?) (?)

Here in Wales regulations say you should stay local, guidance is 5 miles but that can be more if your "local" shops are further away. Only exception is compassionate grounds, don't think that includes withdrawal symptoms from not being able to use a motor caravan! This rule is stopping 6 July, so will be possible to travel around here, but not sure yet if campsites will be open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53090890

Archived