Travelling to France

longtemps

"Travellers arriving in France from the UK - regardless of nationality - will be INVITED to enter a voluntary two-week quarantine upon arrival, from June 8, the French government has said."

So seems like another practical and pragmatic decision by the French government. Practical, because nobody will take up the "invite" and the authorities know this. Pragmatic, because it sort of save's face, but more importantly, save's their tourist industry, the most successful tourist industry in the world.

When we come back of course we will all have to self isolate for 14 days when we arrive back to our fixed home's, having hopefully, spent a wonderful hoiday in our mobile home's. The 14 days will be strictly adhered to, naturally.

The uk had a reciprocal arrangement with France that travel would be open.

Our government announced the 14 day quarantine and the French responded with same.

This is not a political statement by me , simply the fact.

I’m sure both the Uk and France will drop it very shortly.

Is my memory wrong or did the UK and France announce a bilateral quarantine free agreement within the last 2 weeks. I seem to recall that some people already saw this as a work around by going to wherever and then transiting through France on the return leg. Much as is reported about the common travel area with the Rep. of Ireland.

I was pretty sure the Anglo French agreement was halted by the EU demanding full access for all member states.

However it is extremely confusing as each EU. Member seems to be setting its own rules. It seems Shenghan is optional depending on who it suits.

Davy

TeamRienza - 2020-05-25 9:40 PM

However it is extremely confusing as each EU. Member seems to be setting its own rules. It seems Shenghan is optional depending on who it suits.

Davy

Too easy for you to quote Schengen when it suits you despite never having been part of the agreement.

Schengen is not optional but each country has the right to suspend it.

For a period of time, for example, Sweden did this two or three years ago.

And in this case we are talking about a pandemic that has affected different nations in a different way.

So each one behaves as he believes it is best to do.

Max

When you reread your post You appear to be in agreement with the section of my post that you quoted. However I am not going to get into a debate about it other than to say it is hardly for you to decide what suits or does not suit me. No reply required.

Davy

TeamRienza - 2020-05-26 11:08 AM

When you reread your post You appear to be in agreement with the section of my post that you quoted. However I am not going to get into a debate about it other than to say it is hardly for you to decide what suits or does not suit me. No reply required.

Davy

You in general, it was not specifically referred to you as individual.

I meant what it is convenient for the citizens of the Queen, not for a single person.

I repeat, it is too easy to be out of Schengen and then want to take advantage of the benefits of those who signed the agreement.

If it was up to me, I would check you (those with a yellow license and a blue passport) at every European border.

Getting on the vehicles and checking every closet and storage, fridge included as your borders staff have always done.

Max

Please don’t get fractious, kiddies. ;-)

“Travelling to France” is relevant to all travellers, not just those going there in a motorhome - in fact, there’s been no mention in this discussion of motorhomes at all. So, if I felt like being picky, I'd move this thread to Chatterbox where people sniping at each other is de rigueur.

Archived