Trigano tribute?

Pampam

After much searching etc i think i have eventually found the van that ticks "all" (lol yes i know you never tick all) the boxes and its a trigano tribute 2004 model anybody have any good/bad views on this type of van cheers pp :) it has webasto heating which is something knew to me (runs off diesel) howzat???

Go to the Tribby forum,I had a 2003 model, although the drivers side bed is great, passenger side is awful,

the heater is noisy and the controls very tricky,you need to set it to run continuously to avoid flattening the battery, single legs tables very wobbly and the poor insulation is well documented. I honestly think that there are lots of vans with similar configurations that are built to a far better standard, tho' may cost a bit more,that will give you better value.

It looks very nice though

I believe a 2004 Trigano Tribute was factory-fitted with a Webasto Air-Top 2000 (2kW output) diesel-fuelled blown-air heater with a Truma Ultrastore gas-fuelled boiler for water heating. The Tribute was well-priced (around £25K in 2004), well-equipped, and fairly well-built, though there were complaints with earlier models regarding poor insulation and the upholstery quality.

As tyreman says, there is an active on-line forum for the model

http://www.tribby.co.uk/

and these reviews may be useful

http://www.365campingcaravanning.com/reviews_motorhomes_tribute.htm

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/review/motorhome/2006-trigano-tribute

starvin marvin - 2014-04-19 10:24 AM

My advice for what its worth is to think long and hard before buying a pokey PVC. Been there done it and got the tee shirt.

Steady on Tony, do you not know you are not allowed to say a word against the pvc on here. The pvc police will be along in a bit to slap you down, although you are correct of course.

rupert123 - 2014-04-19 2:52 PM

My advice for what its worth is to think long and hard before buying a pokey PVC. Been there done it and got the tee shirt.

Steady on Tony, do you not know you are not allowed to say a word against the pvc on here. The pvc police will be along in a bit to slap you down, although you are correct of course.

Now stop it you two or you can go and sit in the naughty corner!

If Pampam thinks that a PVC suits her best, that is her choice, not for us to say one way or the other, so why not try to add some useful comments regarding the van she's asked about, rather than start yet another teddy-bear fight!

Pampam - my 'view' of the Trigano Tribute PVCs was that they were cheap and cheerful but not very well spec'd or built, especially the early ones - the links to the websites above will give you a fuller picture.

We've had large coachbuilts and now have a PVC because that suits us/our needs a the present time and we have no intention of changing again for a while, whether that be for another PVC or coachbuilt again, but when the time comes we will buy whatever meets our needs at the time ... although I can say it will NOT be a caravan! ;-) (lol)

We owned a 2005 model and were very happy with it. Obviously less internal space in a PVC but space more cleverly used and it can be much more useable than a larger van.

Not many gripes, check for window leaks from the top of the frame where the fitted windows cross the original vans body mouldings. The sealant can dry out. Came across one horror story from an owner who had a long term leak from the bathroom window.

I found the bed a little short for me if used crossways, but there are three bed options so make it up a different way.

Webasto heater uses diesel from the main tank as a fuel for its burner. It can be a bit battery hungry.

Definitely low to middle spec and built quality, but plenty good enough unless you have £50k burning a hole in your pocket.

For what you pay for a tribute you won't go far wrong. There are far better vans out there but will cost far more. Your wallet will decide.

Would probably still have it today, but I bought a demountable to go on a pickup I already had so reduced my vehicle fleet by one.

rubberrat - 2014-04-19 6:10 PM

Webasto heater uses diesel from the main tank as a fuel for its burner. It can be a bit battery hungry.

We've got the Webasto - warms the van very comfortably indeed, and is frugal with the diesel - barely noticeably on the consumption.

You do need a good healthy battery for the blower, otherwise it won't fire up, and it takes a while to respond to its controls - whether switching on/off, or adjusting the thermostat.

But we wouldn't be without it now.

If it does give any problems (and ours has needed one repair in 6 years) plenty of truck dealers are accredited to fix them, so you're not just limited to the usual "leisure" outlets.

I fully agree. I have also been down the route of moving to a PVC. Fortunately, I was able to sell it on quickly though not without some feelings of guilt! Now back with a coachbuilt. Same length, but the space feels enormous by comparison.

mikejkay - 2014-04-19 10:28 PM

I fully agree. I have also been down the route of moving to a PVC. Fortunately, I was able to sell it on quickly though not without some feelings of guilt! Now back with a coachbuilt. Same length, but the space feels enormous by comparison.

Me too. I recently changed from a caravan. Initially wanted a PVC, but couldn't hack how it felt so much smaller. Went with a 6m. coachbuilt, but ever since have checked out PVC's at dealers. I find it hard to get my head round how a few centimetres of width seems to make the coachbuilt feel so much more spacious - but it does. (!)

Plus so much more storage. :-D

Funnily enough, I feel more comfortable in our PVC! It feels more 'open' than any coachbuilt we've ever had, and being able to throw open the rear doors and the side door on a lovely warm sunny day is pure bliss! Slobbing around on the rear bed after tea, the rear doors open wide, with a lovely view, a cup of tea, doing a puzzle book and just chilling out for an hour ... marvellous! :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2014-04-20 12:01 AM

Funnily enough, I feel more comfortable in our PVC! It feels more 'open' than any coachbuilt we've ever had,

and many feel likewise, and presumably PP being an adult, that has already been there done that, and correct me if im wrong, they got rid an autotrail due to work commitments, and it hemorrhaging money on the drive.... and now considering a van that can be use as a multi functional vehicle. and getting rid of one car I believe....

Common sense I say! and most happy with the change........many prefer a van that handles like a car, not a lumbering garden shed on wheels!lol, better fuel consumption, better looking for sure! easier to clean, PARK etc..etc...we can be down in Spain/Italy in a few days, our van has a larger bed and bathroom them many CB, and with 150bhp and 120 fuel tank, can travel far and wide..But to some on here trundling oft to a CC site is there idea of a holiday...sad or what!lol So how about helping PP out here instead of voicing laughable, pathetic prejudice.

and no I don't like the Tribute, much better vans around..and what's the budget these days as it seems to be a movable feast... :-D

JudgeMental - 2014-04-20 10:20 AM

Common sense I say! and most happy with the change........many prefer a van that handles like a car, not a lumbering garden shed on wheels!lol, better fuel consumption, better looking for sure! easier to clean, PARK etc..etc.

I've used our 5m PVC a couple of times this week instead of the car. Another time I went to get some 3.3m timbers, loaded through the back doors and I've just taken son, dil and grandson up the very steep and narrow road up the west side of the Long Mynd, which would be unwise in a CB. Yet next week we go away for 10 days in Cornwall. I worked out that it is cheaper to rent cottages than it is to keep a motorhome which is not often used, and when we are travelling we are happy with a minimalist approach. Horses for courses.

Started motorhoming in an Auto-Sleeper Symbol bought to make journeys more comfortable for elderly mother. Good manufacturer but not very well insulated and expensive on fuel, 21 mpg if lucky. Would have been ok for weekends but not for long stays due to lack of storage space. Things were packed in and not found until emptying for sale! Sale was necessary due to husband's health as front seats had to be dragged forward and backward to make beds. Ride was also bad too and a nightmare in strong winds. Now modern vans may have improved but I suspect that PamPam does not want to spend that much.

When my husband died I was tempted to go back to a smaller van and, as Mel says, it is lovely with the side and back doors open so I had a test drive in a 2006 Trigano Tribute. Very impressed with the handling and the interior design (since changed on later models) but not impressed with the bed arrangement nor the quality of the upholstery as it would have needed replacing very quickly.

At the end of the day the decision must depend on the buyer's intended use and wallet.

ips - 2014-04-20 4:39 PM

.. although I can say it will NOT be a caravan! ;-) (lol)

thats what we said and look what happened ]

Well, I cannot see it happening ... we prefer not to be on campsites and there's not many placed you can wildcamp with a caravan! We like to have our bits and pieces with us when we go out and a MH/PVC is much better for dogs and it doesn't cramp our style as much - you can't leave a dog in a car on a hot day but you can in a PVC/MH if needs be.

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against a caravan and have owned a couple in my time, although they had very, very little use, but we don't like towing or the restrictions a caravan brings. The only possible solution would be a small camper as a 'day van' and a caravan to go back to at the end of the day but then we'd need to stay on sites ... which we don't ... so we won't and will stick with our PVC.

Hi mel

I know what you meen the secret is not buying a caravan to the max of cars ability as most seem to do, buy a well equipped small one and the towing is much less stressfull. The camper and caravan scenario is one I am still considering in fact been to have abrowse today. Devon vw very nice indeed but 38k for a van with minimal equipment and no toilet is big money imo. Had a butchers in a few different layout cb and pvc but to be honest nothing really attracted me back to mh.

its all to do with how and how often you holiday I suppose also caravan costs nothing when not used and 15k doing nothing is easier to justify (if indeed one has to which I dont) than a 40k plus mh.

just my opinion of course.

JudgeMental - 2014-04-20 10:20 AM

Mel B - 2014-04-20 12:01 AM

Funnily enough, I feel more comfortable in our PVC! It feels more 'open' than any coachbuilt we've ever had,

and many feel likewise, and presumably PP being an adult, that has already been there done that, and correct me if im wrong, they got rid an autotrail due to work commitments, and it hemorrhaging money on the drive.... and now considering a van that can be use as a multi functional vehicle. and getting rid of one car I believe....

Common sense I say! and most happy with the change........many prefer a van that handles like a car, not a lumbering garden shed on wheels!lol, better fuel consumption, better looking for sure! easier to clean, PARK etc..etc...we can be down in Spain/Italy in a few days, our van has a larger bed and bathroom them many CB, and with 150bhp and 120 fuel tank, can travel far and wide..But to some on here trundling oft to a CC site is there idea of a holiday...sad or what!lol So how about helping PP out here instead of voicing laughable, pathetic prejudice.

and no I don't like the Tribute, much better vans around..and what's the budget these days as it seems to be a movable feast... :-D

read on a blog that el raco benidorm is being targeted by (probably)east europeans,stealing whatever from pitches,riding round on mopeds to see whats available.security is none existant and the management seem powerless.can anyone who has been confirm this as we want to go for a week or two but not if i have to sleep with one eye open

obviously not a cc site that many sad people enjoy then!!!!

Have had to postpone for a year as have lent money to one of kids for a year ....so thats made my mind up for me but at least next year i shall have saved to get perhaps a better van : Ips did you not get a caravan in the end ? Am having hols (warners hotels) but i so miss the freedom of taking off in a van : but still dont have spare time when i am off work hubbys working which makes for a very happy marriage !! But it was nice to get away together so will wait twelve months and see what we can find oh and a long haul to mauritius i think but havent booked cos of poorly dad : pp:)

Pampam - 2014-04-22 7:18 AM

Ips did you not get a caravan in the end ? QUOTE]

Yes we got a top of the range small two berth, way more comfortable than the MH way better equipment level and the ability to go off site in the car is novel. It tows no problem at 60 + and has electronic stability control. Difficult to find a negative compared to the MH for us anyway.

Ips did you not get a caravan in the end

Yes we got a top of the range small two berth, way more comfortable than the MH way better equipment level and the ability to go off site in the car is novel. It tows no problem at 60 + and has electronic stability control. Difficult to find a negative compared to the MH for us anyway.

Archived