Truma C6002EH HEATER Dethleffs Globebus I3 HX08XBZ

Phill Fougere

Phill Fougere - 2019-12-12 9:49 AM

Hi Folks, my Truma heater has stopped working. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram? Heater is approximately 11 years old, no previous defects.

It depends what you mean by “has stopped working”...

For a Truma C-6002EH heater to operate it will require a 12V power-supply and there may well be a fuse dedicated to the heater amongst the set of 12V fuses in whatever make/model of electrical equipment the motorhome manufacturer has chosen to fit. (eg. my Rapido has a CBE ‘distribution box’ with ten 12V fuses and one of these (a 10A fuse) protects the heater’s 12V power supply.) So, if your C-6002EH shows absolutely no sign of life, identify and check that fuse first.

Assuming that the ‘main heater fuse' proves to be OK, the C-6002EH itself has its own fuses (12V and 230V) and their type and where they are on the heater are detailed in the C-6002EH’s Operating Instructions (Pages 9 and 12 on the following link)

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/34010_03500.pdf

Once again if there is no sign of life (ie. when the heater is turned on, no light illuminates on the Power Selector Switch nor the Control Panel (drawings on Page 10 of above link)), check the heater’s own 12V fuses.

If, when the heater is turned on, lights do illuminate on the Power Selector Switch and/or Control Panel, but the heater then goes into fault mode (red light on Control Panel illuminates steadily) refer to the trouble-shooting list on Page 15 of the Operating Instructions.

You might also try contacting Truma UK’s technical staff

Phone: 01283 587960

E-mail: technical@trumauk.com

Thank you both for your prompt replies. I am dealing with a garage with Truma service capability. The local Truma man reckons it's a problem with the highly expensive pcb. Reason, "because its nearly always the pcb that's faulty". I wanted to trace the Heater internal wiring to see what the pcb controls as the fault may lie in something driven by the pcb not the pcb itself.

The initial fault was, when operating on gas only, the system starts up but after 30 secs shuts down and the steady red light illuminates. (gas fault says the manual). However after a few recycles with same result, the system went "dead" no lights nothing. This was probably caused by the EBL fuse blowing.

With the full internal wiring diagram I would be more aware of other possibilities.

Unfortunately, the Truma man's opinion may well be correct as the type of fault you've described is often due to a faulty pcb.

I'm not sure that internal wiring details are available for C-series or "Combi" heaters, even for Truma UK technicians. I think Truma UK MAY have diagnostic equipment to test for faults on the pcb, but faulty pcbs are replaced not repaired.

Suggest you phone the Truma techs and ask if they have the type of diagram you are seeking, and if they can check your pcb. Otherwise the next step will be to replace the pcb and see if this revives the heater.

This 2013 forum thread discussed a C-6002EH heater’s problems and mentioned sending the pcb to Truma UK for testing

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Pulling-my-Truma-c6002eh-to-bits-HELP-/33358/

There are UK businesses advertising that (for a fee) they will test Truma pcbs and, if found to be faulty, will repair them

https://rb.gy/sjhvme

but it would be worth first checking with Truma UK if they will still test a pcb free of charge.

Archived