Truma Combi 6 E goes to lockout

Way2Go

When I run the Truma heating and hot water on gas it goes to ‘lockout’ (red light failure) after a few minutes. However it seems to run ok on gas+electric. Does anyone know where I could start looking at a fix?

This problem only started recently and up to date had not given any problems.

Any help would be very useful.

The obvious cause would be that gas is not reaching the heater.

The fact that the heater will run in 230V+gas mode may not contradict this, as the heater will prioritise on 230V and not switch to gas operation unless that proves necessary. Obviously, if the heater WILL satisfactorily bring gas-operation into play when in 230V+gas mode, that would mean that gas is reaching the heater.

Combi heaters do have a fault-identification diagnostic capability. How this operates depends on which type of control-panel is involved and operating instructions are here:

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/2%20gb/bedienteile_gb/bedienteile_ues_gb.html

(Presumably the cause is not something simple - like using butane in cold weather not propane, or a gas-bottle, gas shut-off valve or gas security-hose or regulator being turned off.)

Thank you for responding to my request.

Many thanks for the link, that certainly has a lot more fault-finding options to the manual that came with the unit. I will have a read and take note.

It’s a strange one. I have never had any problems with the unit running on gas or a combination of gas/electric. I went away a month ago for a few days on internal resources without problem. I went any last weekend and it kept going to lockout. Same propane gas bottle and under the same conditions, even the same location ha ha.

I could try changing the bottle as it might be getting towards empty, I guess, could be a pressure thing but it’s odd that it’s now happened under identical working conditions from a few weeks ago without any changes having been made.

Anywho, thanks for the link, I’ll grab a coffee and have a read.

Archived