Truma MonoControl CS Regulator Problems

ChasB

Hello All

We have a 2016 Adria Coral 670SLT Plus with the Truma MonoControl CS regulator, we purchased this new in 2016 but the propane pigtail that was supplied was a normal pigtail not one with rupture protection.

We use Calor propane and always drive with the gas switched off.

On Monday 1st April I got the van out of storage and at home put water on board and ran all the gas appliances up the make sure they were working; which they were. Later that day on the way back to storage I had to brake very sharply; so sharply it caused things to fly off the passenger seat.

On Friday 5th April the van went in for service and I was told that the gas regulator was blocked not allowing gas through, and a new regulator was required.

Over the weekend I have checked the system for myself, yes no gas at appliances.

Could my sharp breaking cause the Truma regulator’s crash-sensing mechanism to function cutting off the gas. When I press the green button on the regulator it springs back, even after held in for several seconds and there is no noise like the hiss of gas, so is the crash-sensing mechanism not resetting or is the regulator blocked which it wasn't days before.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Truma say this: "The MonoControl CS gas pressure regulator is ready for operation again when you firmly press the green reset button (with a sharp object, such as a ballpoint pen) for about five seconds."

Is that the procedure you followed to re-set it?

If so, have you contacted Truma technical to see if they can offer further advice?

Brian Kirby - 2019-04-07 5:46 PM

Truma say this: "The MonoControl CS gas pressure regulator is ready for operation again when you firmly press the green reset button (with a sharp object, such as a ballpoint pen) for about five seconds."

If so, have you contacted Truma technical to see if they can offer further advice?

Hello Brian

Yes procedure followed, (ignition key) counted the seconds. Makes me think that the ball bearing didn't seat back properly.

Not able to contact Truma till Monday. Commercially they will say regulator blocked buy a new replacement.

ChasB - 2019-04-07 7:33 PM

Hello Brian

Yes procedure followed, (ignition key) counted the seconds. Makes me think that the ball bearing didn't seat back properly.

Not able to contact Truma till Monday. Commercially they will say regulator blocked buy a new replacement.

I hope you sort your troubles, but if not, I have an unused Monocontrol CS, which came with our new van, but we replaced it with a Duocontrol. So P.M. me if you finally need to get a new one.

Ainsley

ChasB - 2019-04-07 6:33 PM

Hello Brian

Still talk to them, as this must be a fairly unusual failure. They may know of an alternative way to get it to reset, but as the failure must be considered premature, they should also be willing to accept some liability, and may even want to get the item back for examination to understand what has failed. After all, this is a fundamental safety item that should be pretty much fail proof - especially after berely three years!

Brian Kirby - 2019-04-08 1:05 PM

Still talk to them, as this must be a fairly unusual failure. They may know of an alternative way to get it to reset, but as the failure must be considered premature, they should also be willing to accept some liability, and may even want to get the item back for examination to understand what has failed. After all, this is a fundamental safety item that should be pretty much fail proof - especially after berely three years!

Hello Brian

Took the regulator off this morning and the ball bearing was loose and spinning around in a cup, after holding the green button in for a few seconds the ball bearing dropped into place. This indicated that the crash sensor is working and reset. Having reconnected the regulator back to gas there is still no gas at the outlet.

Spoke to Truma Service, they advised that I post the regulator to them and they would check it. If the regulator was okay they would return it by post; but they thought I would need to purchase a new replacement as it is not under warranty. They also advised that I should also have rupture protection pigtail and gas filter.

In conclusion, I have decided that as I never drive with the gas switched on what's the point in throwing good money after dubious product problems. I intend to buy a new Gaslow Clesse 300 regulator, Change over and stainless hoses for the same price as a Truma MonoControl Regulator.

ChasB - 2019-04-08 3:51 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-04-08 1:05 PM

Hello Brian

Took the regulator off this morning and the ball bearing was loose and spinning around in a cup, after holding the green button in for a few seconds the ball bearing dropped into place. This indicated that the crash sensor is working and reset. Having reconnected the regulator back to gas there is still no gas at the outlet.

Spoke to Truma Service, they advised that I post the regulator to them and they would check it. If the regulator was okay they would return it by post; but they thought I would need to purchase a new replacement as it is not under warranty. They also advised that I should also have rupture protection pigtail and gas filter.

In conclusion, I have decided that as I never drive with the gas switched on what's the point in throwing good money after dubious product problems. I intend to buy a new Gaslow Clesse 300 regulator, Change over and stainless hoses for the same price as a Truma MonoControl Regulator.

Assuming your cas cylinder cocks are easy to access, that makes eminent sense for your pattern of use.

Archived