Truma combi 6e boiler question.

Andywal

Hello everyone and hopefully someone can help.

I have an autosleeper with factory fitted( under fixed bed)truma 6E combiboiler.

A couple of weeks ago we lost power whilst on hook which was a breaker that tripped and reset OK.

I'm not sure if its my imagination but the boiler does not seem to be performing as well on electric( gas seems ok).

I think I may have lost an element which tripped the breaker.

I want to test the element but without removing the whole boiler and stripping it down.

Does anyone know the readings I should be getting and if there is room under the boiler cover to get a clamp on meter in to test currents when switched on to elec1 and elec 2 ?

The motorhome is 2017 so elements are probably ready to go.

We live full time in our home so its not that straight forward to be able to strip it out when we are in it all the time so before I dig in I'm hoping there may be a quicker way.

Thanks very much

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome,

The quickest way I know to monitor the current would be to get an Energenie Power Meter, something like this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-429-856UK-Power-Meter/dp/B003ELLGDC

and plug the MH in via a 13 Amp plug maybe using adapter leads if necessary.

Then try setting 1, 2 etc and record the current difference. This should tell you if an element is faulty.

Keith.

This earlier string may help: https://tinyurl.com/y6m67kr6 As it seems the water heater is still functioning, and each element is the same 900W rating, the power consumption (with everything else 230V off) should be in the region of 4A with a single element functioning and 8A with both functioning. If selecting EL1 or EL 2 doesn't result in any higher consumption than 4A then it seems most likely that one element has failed. If you have a mains Ammeter you should be able to test the current at the main distribution board. The general conclusion seems to have been that replacing both at the same time is the best way to avoid a second lap of element replacement!

Archived