Truma frost protection not closing

Shedifice

Hi, We have the Truma frost protection switch on our MH with teh lozenge tap on the top and blue button on the side.

After our last trip we had a leak from a hot water connection in the boiler compartment. I have swapped over the offending fittings to fix the leak.

On testing the system I can now not get the frost protection to stay shut. It will for a bit but then pops as the system is filling. I am sure I did not bash or do anything to teh frost protector but its a strange coincidence.

Does the switch offer pressure and frost protection? is it possible that the pump pressure switch now has a problem or is it likely to just be the frost switch.

I am in Tshirt and shorts so I doubt its tripping due to the water temp.

Any help really appreciated as hoping to go away on sunday and having water would be great.

Shedifice - 2021-08-27 10:25 AM

Does the switch offer pressure and frost protection? is it possible that the pump pressure switch now has a problem or is it likely to just be the frost switch.

Truma's "FrostControl" safety/drain valve provides protection against frost and over-pressure - but the latter relates to over-pressure 'downstream' of the valve (ie. in the part of the water system between the valve and the water heating appliance). So pressure 'upstream' of the valve (ie. the pressure produced by the water pump) should have no effect on the valve's operation.

All I can suggest is that you repeatedly close and open the valve, making sure that each time you close the valve you fully depress the valve's button.

If that fails to cure the problem, you'll need to temporarily jam the valve closed. I have bodged a means to keep my motorhome's "FrostControl" valve closed - this has two separate components, one preventing the lever on the valve's top from turning and the other preventing the button from popping out. But, in your case, if you can just stop the button popping out, that may be sufficient.

If there is something wrong inside the valve, this forum thread might help

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Truma-Frost-Control/57429/

Archived