Twenty minutes radio

Guest Patrick

Guest Patrick
The radio fitted to the Peugot Boxer goes off after 20 minutes. Is the control in the van or the radio? That is, if you change the radio does it solve the problem?

Guest Dave Newell
Hi Patrick, The timer is in the radio itself but the problem is usually caused by dealers or converters altering the wiring to allow you to use the radio on site i.e. with the ignition switched off. It can usually be corrected but IMHO the standard radio isn't great anyway. Much better quality units are available without breaking the bank. D.

Hi Patrick. The problem is easly solved. In your radio manual it tells you how to do it. you need to go into menue and work from there. I have done it on mine. Its a cutoff to save power if you leave the radio on.. The more worrying thing is that is your unit wired permanently live this is something that Swifts do regularly. This problem can be sorted by your dealer. You will know if the Radio is live when switched off the On off switch will have a little light on continuously. Hope this helps.. But I bet Clive will give you better info. David

Archived