Tyre Pressure Guard Caps

Guest Terry

Can anyone remember the name of the company at the September Bath and West Motorhome show that were selling the tyre pressure guard caps. They were situated near the bottom end of the show, they had these caps (various pressure sizes and in packs of two on black card with a plastic window)on stands out side,they were sharing with someone else but I can't remember who it was. The reason I would like to know is, whilst washing my van wheels yesterday, one of these caps expolded, luckily for me it hit my chest and not my face or it could have been nasty, anyway I would like to know if this is a common fault or not. Thanks Terry

Terry, do mean the tyre pressure monitors, that show the pressures by coloured bands.If you do they are sold by Ultraseal of Exeter, Phone number 0870 2413730. I have a set on my M/H better be careful when I wash my wheels!!!!

Guest Derek Uzzell
Pressure-indicating valve caps were being marketed about 20 years ago. You inflated the tyre to the desired pressure then screwed on the replacement cap which caused a little white cylinder to poke out through the cap's top. If the cylinder retracted back into the cap, then you knew the tyre had lost some pressure. The caps worked OK but, being plastic, tended to split. They also extended the length of the valve assembly a fair bit and I used to wipe them off against kerbs.

Archived