Tyre inflators

Armstrong2

This earlier thread may be worth reading

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Tyre-pumps/42968/

The T-Max BA2641 pump is available on-line for around £62 (including VAT and delivery).

My view (based on dismantling faulty Ring pumps in the past) is that Ring’s engineering is not wonderful and - if one is prepared to fork out over £60 for a 12V tyre-pump - the T-Max product would be the better bet.

There are a lot of impressive-looking, but poorly engineered pumps out there. You get what you pay for.

Check out VIAIR compressors. I have a 70P portable compressor from their Sport Compact series.

Very pleased with it.

www.mattsavage.co.uk

Had a slow puncture on our previous Chausson on the way back from Spain. The van didn't have a spare so was equipped with the Fiat Fix and Go kit which includes a compressor that can be used just to inflate a tyre. Have to say it was very good. Long enough flex too to reach the rear tyres on a 7.4m van.

The Hymer does have a spare wheel but also came with the Fix and Go kit so I keep that in the van too.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I keep my tyre inflator in the van in case I need it and because I know where I've put it [i lose things quite quicky]. I have same as Robbo, bought over 5 years ago and used almost every month. Bit of a pain attaching the battery clamps [battery not easy to access] but I can each reach all five wheels.

I've never found Ring products to be quality items although it was considered the best and on offer when I bought it.

Archived