I have a peugeot boxer swift royale 610 1996

I do not have a hand book and I do not know what the tyre pressures should be

wonder if anyone can help please?

the info on the tyres fitted is;

195/70 r15c

104/102r

65psi

Contivan contact 100

also does anyone know the weights of this vehicle?

Contact Swift and ask for a manual. I can only find one for a 2000 model.

https://orbit.brightbox.com/v1/acc-jqzwj/Swift-Group/handbooks/pdfs/000/000/032/original/9830014_MH_Owners_Handbook_2000.pdf?1472743483

There is also a Swift Forum 'Swift Talk' and a Swift Owners Club wo might be able to help.

The figures for my 1998 Swift Royale 610 were, according to the brochure, Maximum Authorised Weight of 3200kg. The Unladen weight [MIRO] was 2623Kg for the 610 diesel [2653kg for the turbo diesel] but that did not include passengers, or any water or gas bottles, or personal items and food.

These would have probably been the same as for the '96 Royale.

Somewhere, probably in the engine bay or on one of the doors [driver's?] you will have a plate with your weights set out.

An old post on Motorhome Facts says, "We have a fiat ducato, swift sundance 590rl. 1998 model, our tyre pressures ... 59psi front 65psi rear, using michelin agilis camping tyres."

I recommend you take your motorhome in full running order to a weighbridge and get the overall weight and the weight of each axle. Then contact the tyre manufacturer for the correct tyre pressure for each axle.

And you are right, I've found images of Boxer Royales!

https://guildrord.ukclassifieds.co.uk/1995_peugeot_boxer_2_5_diesel_swift_royale-o2648094.html

Basically, the correct tyre pressure depends on the tyre specification and the axle load.

You can obtain the maximum permissible load on each axle from the Swift VIN plate. The 3rd line gives the max load on the front axle and 4th line the rear axle.

The Continental tyres 17/18 download page 87 gives the pressures for your tyre, as follows:

AXLE WEIGHT kg / TYRE PRESSURE psi

1505 / 44

1605 / 47

1705 / 51

1800 / 55

Ideally, you should weigh each axle in full touring trim including driver and all passengers.

Then email Continental UK with tyre spec and actual axle loads. I've found they normal reply within 24 hours.

Suggest the OP checks the age of the tyres from the markings on the sidewall. It's generally recommended to replace tyres over 5 to 7 years old.

Robbo - 2019-02-14 6:00 PM

Suggest the OP checks the age of the tyres from the markings on the sidewall. It's generally recommended to replace tyres over 5 to 7 years old.

Continental actually recommend TEN years.

Quote from page 122 of the above brochure...

"Continental recommends that all tyres (including spare tyres) that were manufactured more than ten (10) years previous be replaced with new tyres, even when tyres appear to be usable from their external appearance and if the tread depth may have not reached the minimum wear out depth."

Keith.

What needs to be measured are the motorhome’s overall weight (with all of its wheels on the weighbridge platform) and the weight on one of the axles (with (say) just the rear wheels on the weighbridge platform). The load on the other axle can then be calculated.

The procedure was described in this 2011 Practical Motorhome article

https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/advice/30441-how-to-weigh-your-van

Expect to pay for each weight measurement.

Archived