Using We Buy Any Van or services like it?

Booms

Hi all,

Hoping to sell my campervan qiuckly and reliably. Long story, it's UK registered and in Spain at the moment. The plan is to return to the UK, sort out a bunch of different things and sell the van.

As such sticking it on Ebay/Autotrader and waiting doesn't work, just want to crack on and have it sorted in one week max.

Anyone used any services like We Buy Any Van?

It's a 2007 Globecar Globescout if that makes any difference.

Booms - 2021-09-01 5:58 PM

Hi all,

Hoping to sell my campervan qiuckly and reliably. Long story, it's UK registered and in Spain at the moment. The plan is to return to the UK, sort out a bunch of different things and sell the van.

As such sticking it on Ebay/Autotrader and waiting doesn't work, just want to crack on and have it sorted in one week max.

Anyone used any services like We Buy Any Van?

It's a 2007 Globecar Globescout if that makes any difference.[/QUOTe]

if it's anything like we buy any car, not a good idea, I tried to sell my car through them and was offered £150 but I then sold privatly, it for £700.

my last van (hymer) I sold it on preloved motorhomes, sold it within a month

We sold a less than 12 month old car through WBAC and got a very fair price (better than the dealer we bought the car from) without the hassle of a private sale as they cleared the finance. And it was the week before the first lockdown last year so very glad we got rid of it quickly!

Try getting a no obligation quote which is then valid for seven days. At the worst you walk away and try a private sale.

Keith.

They were widely castigated for what the trade calls 'chipping'

- giving a quote then chipping away at the price with every petty excuse - imperfect service record or whatever - (probably impossible even for them to find fault with Keith's new car.)

But they claim to have improved

All dealers are desperate for stock. Find several dealers in the area you will be and email/phone them in advance and ask for a quote, then when you're ready to do the deal go see them, most will buy instantly if its a van they want (you will have given them all the details in advance) and pay you by bank transfer while you wait.

You won't get retail price but its hassle free.

Archived