Vacuum cleaner for MH

mikeymay

Depends on how much free space you have.

My son has a rechargeable Black & Decker Dustbuster in the house for quick clean ups of small areas and he reckons it does just as good a job as the full size Dyson they have. No need to spend a small fortune.

I bougtht the Dyson hand held , it is expensive , it is no good if you aren't on electric as the charge only lasts about ten mins, Needless to say I leave it at home now and use a long handle,d flat broom that clips inside our wardrobe! My advice get the lightest smallest and cheapest you can find! :-D and for me that is the brush.

I have a 12v vacuum cleaner in van, I think is a Black & Decker. Useful for when away from home. Nice and light with a long cord and a small nozzle for small places. I always then give the van a good clean with the house vacuum when I get home

PJay

The Dyson animal is brilliant but expensive. It has a revolving brush so picks up everything, it also has a crevice tool. Has rechargeable battery which lasts long enough for most uses but need mains connection for recharging. Good offers at Curry's over Easter. .

We've used a small mains-powered "Dirt Devil" vacuum, which works well enough but no good off EHU, so I bought a 12v Black & Decker cleaner but that never left the box - possibly because it was buried in a locker and we were always willing to leave the next proper sweep up until we were next on an EHU, so we use the little brush and dust pan for a quick sweep instead.

We have a Dyson handheld too, at home, and I spotted a 12v charger for it on EBay, so I bought one. The output of the mains charger for a Dyson is above 12v, so the 12v charger incorporates some circuitry to crank the output voltage up a bit. Clever how they can do this with switched transformers or whatever these days. Haven't tried it yet. I suspect it would be just as effective to use our 150w inverter to run the ordinary Dyson mains charger.

The Dyson works well as a cleaner and the battery lasts long enough to clean a MH but the whole thing is as big, perhaps bigger than the Dirt Devil, so maybe we'll end up sticking with that.

A tip from me though , if you have removable carpets !! do so in the summer, put a runner or small mats down , that way its easy to lift and shake them every couple of days , Id much rather run a floor cloth around its quicker and less hassle than hovering.

Archived