Vanity sink in Autotrail Apache 700SE. 04reg

BlindaBall

Hi Linda and welcome to the forum.

I changed the vanity sink in our 2004 Cheyenne last year and imagine it may be very similar to your Apache. Ours was a 'triangular' white plastic sink with the tap through one corner.

To remove it I had to disconnect the tap from the red/blue pipes and then undo the large brass nut holding the tap in place before raising the tap and unscrewing the flexi pipes from the tap as the unions would not fit through the hole in the worktop and basin.

Then there where two small nuts on the opposite corners of the basin holding it down onto the worktop.

If this doesn't make sense please could you post a photo of top and bottom of your basin and we'll see if we can help.

Keith.

Hi Linda, on the later model AT's  from around 2014 the bathroom basin is a little different to the one described by Keith in that the tap is secured to the top of the cabinet rather than the plastic basin. If you have the later version you need to unscrew the sink drain by removing the screw in the middle of the drain. Next there are two nut & bolts at each end of the basin at the rear that secures the basin to the cabinet top underside. They are awkward to reach and a tube spanner is the best option. Be gentle when undoing the nuts to avoid damaging the underside of the plastic basin. Sorry I cannot remember the nut size and as I am in the UK at present and therefore unable to measure for you. Hope this helps, cheers Gary.

Geeco - 2019-05-20 3:20 PM

Hi Linda, on the later model AT's  from around 2014...

cheers Gary.

Gary,

Linda did say in the thread title that her Apache was an 04 reg hence my assumption it may be very similar to our 2004 Cheyenne.

Keith.

First of all disconnect the waste pipe from the wall and that will allow you to push the sliding door in and past the pipe giving you access to the fittings. You will find a couple of wing nuts holding it in, probably one very close to the front, undo them disconnect the water supply to the tap then lift out.

Simply reverse the procedure to replace

Ron

Archived