Vantage Neo 2016 or later

Anjistar

Hello,

We are first-time buyers and have spent a long time researching. But there are no shows at the moment and we'd like to have a look at a Vantage Neo.

Having been shielding, we are not yet comfortable with driving all the way up to Durham to have a look at one in the factory, so I wondered whether there was anyone within spitting distance of Swindon, Gloucester, Bath or Bristol who would be up for us coming to have a look at theirs?

We would obviously come suitably attired for safety!

Thank you!

Anjistar - 2020-07-13 9:37 AM

Having been shielding, we are not yet comfortable with driving all the way up to Durham to have a look at one in the factory

I can't help with the viewing, but I thought Vantage were still based in Leeds?

(Devon are, AFAIK, based in Durham)

I don't have a Neo, but I do have a Vantage van. All I can say is that from the point of view of build quality and customer support, in my experience you are very unlikely to be disappointed.

The Vantage factory are exercising strict distancing and other safety measures on the factory floor, and additional safety measures for customers, so I wouldn't have any concerns about visiting to look at a vehicle. You will also get to see how they are put together, not just the finished product, so I would highly recommend a visit if you are thinking of spending that sort of money.

There would perhaps be a greater risk in stops during the journey I would have thought, but with care you can also mitigate that.

Angela,

There is a Warners outdoor show next month at Malvern with free admission and parking if you don't mind venturing out. You have to pre-register as part of 'Track & Trace' but should be able to distance yourself as you walk round.

Warners usually publish a stock list from dealers attending just before the show so hopefully they will do the same for this show.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/shows/show/the-malvern-motorhome-campervan-sale

Keith.

I believe the only shows that Vantage attend are the spring and autumn NEC shows. They normally hold a couple of factory open days shortly after the NEC shows too, but have also accommodated pre-arranged prospective purchasers visiting to have a look behind the scenes at other times as well. Whether any Neo owners would be attending other shows and could liaise with Angela beforehand is another matter.

Deneb - 2020-07-13 3:24 PM

I believe the only shows that Vantage attend are the spring and autumn NEC shows.

Angela did post that she wanted a 2016 or later so I posted the show details on the off chance that a dealer attending MAY have a S/H one for sale at the show, hence my comment on dealers stock lists.

Keith.

Ah, you could well be right. As she had mentioned visiting the factory, I interpreted it to mean that she was interested in looking at an owners van that would have been built with the current style of fixtures and fittings on a current model Ducato, instead of travelling to look at a new one.

If you like the layout and interior design of the Vantage Neo then going to see one is unlikely to put you off. When researching our purchase in 2013/2014 we looked at every PVC available before going for the Vantage Neo. As soon as we saw it we were hooked, nothing else came close but you have to want a rear lounge layout of course and many don’t. In my opinion the build quality was ahead of all of the competition and it has proved to be virtually faultless over the last six years. Best bits for me - large comfortable lounge which is very easy to make up into twin singles or large double (best sliding bed base system I have seen), it takes two minutes to make the beds and three minutes to put them away, no hassle whatsoever, all our bedding including two single Duvalays fit under the near side seat locker with room to spare, loads of worktop space plus the two extensions, loads of storage including the wonderful pantry, boot is a pretty good size and takes masses of stuff although we do store our ramps at the sliding doorway when travelling and if we take our large reclining seat and leg extensions they have to go in a bag in the van when travelling. Finally, the after sales service from Vantage is exemplary in my experience. If you want more info please get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
Don636 - 2020-07-16 4:15 PM

If you like the layout and interior design of the Vantage Neo then going to see one is unlikely to put you off. When researching our purchase in 2013/2014 we looked at every PVC available before going for the Vantage Neo. As soon as we saw it we were hooked, nothing else came close but you have to want a rear lounge layout of course and many don’t. In my opinion the build quality was ahead of all of the competition and it has proved to be virtually faultless over the last six years. Best bits for me - large comfortable lounge which is very easy to make up into twin singles or large double (best sliding bed base system I have seen), it takes two minutes to make the beds and three minutes to put them away, no hassle whatsoever, all our bedding including two single Duvalays fit under the near side seat locker with room to spare, loads of worktop space plus the two extensions, loads of storage including the wonderful pantry, boot is a pretty good size and takes masses of stuff although we do store our ramps at the sliding doorway when travelling and if we take our large reclining seat and leg extensions they have to go in a bag in the van when travelling. Finally, the after sales service from Vantage is exemplary in my experience. If you want more info please get in touch.

Thank you so much for your reply, Don, it's really helpful - and thanks to everyone else who has replied to this thread, all useful comments. We are in touch with someone at the factory who has also been brilliant, and although we are pretty sure it's exactly what we want, we are still keen to actually see one. As someone said, it's the journey that might be tricky with regard to safety, not the visit to the factory, and it's too far to drive both ways in a day, and for the same reasons we're not keen on the shows. Perhaps we'll hire a campervan for a couple of days! Anyway, we'll keep looking.

Deneb - 2020-07-13 3:53 PM

Ah, you could well be right. As she had mentioned visiting the factory, I interpreted it to mean that she was interested in looking at an owners van that would have been built with the current style of fixtures and fittings on a current model Ducato, instead of travelling to look at a new one.

Hi Deneb, you are right, I do want to look at an owner's van, as there is the slim chance I will be able to drive there and back in a day. The journey involved in a factory visit would be more challenging with regard to safety and we are shielding my daughter so we are very careful of exposure.

I don't think a new one is within our budget, anyway, sadly, which is why we put 2016, though in fact I think 2017 might be a better choice for us.

Thanks for replying.

At the risk of raining on your parade the East Neuk Fifer M or L gives you a lot more for the same amount of money with a quality which is probably as good or better than Vantage.

Although the vehicles look in roughly the same price bracket by the time you add spec the difference becomes greater.

See my article printed in MMM and recently reprinted in Campervan Magazine.

https://eastneukcampervans.co.uk/new-models/fifer-m-motorcaravan-motorhome-monthly-review/

Archived