Vehicle Weights

Guest PWI

Can you explain two things,please. In the Buyers guide page does the column marked Max Weight include the payload, or is the payload added to that. Why does the home page still advertise December's magazine when February's is due?

Hi PWI Two weights are normally given for Vans etc Unladen or Kerbside weight, and Max Laden weight Oh And Max Train Weight For Mh's they sometimes give The Max Weight This is the max LEGAL Weight for the MH including passengers, water. fuel, cycles & racks, etc. The Paylad is the amount of luggage (including cycles, roof boxes, passengers, water etc) that you can add Subtract The Payload from the Max weight should give the Kerbside weight The Max train load should (but seldom is ) given so that you know the weight of any trailer/caravan that you can tow Max Train = Max Load + Caravan Weight Does this give a clearer picture

Guest Derek Uzzell
PWI: I'm sure your 'weight' question is answered on the KEY page that immediately precedes the Buyers Guide section. If you want fuller information I suggest you search the Old Forum using keyword "payload" (omitting the inverted commas) which will retrieve lots of material on this matter including a posting of mine titled "Payload calculations" (of 13/08/2003) that you may find useful. As this is a recurring subject, you could try searching the current forum too. I assume your 'home page' section is a complaint rather than anticipating an in-depth answer, but I expect it's because the guys who are tasked to keep the site updated haven't got round to doing it yet. Wht not e-mail the 'management' if you feel really aggrieved?

Archived