You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Vehicle Weights
AuthorMessage
userPWI
Posted: 16 January 2005 7:18 PM
Subject: Vehicle Weights

Can you explain two things,please.

In the Buyers guide page does the column marked Max Weight include the payload, or is the payload added to that.

Why does the home page still advertise December's magazine when February's is due?
userPeteC
Posted: 16 January 2005 9:07 PM

Hi PWI
Two weights are normally given for Vans etc
Unladen or Kerbside weight, and
Max Laden weight Oh And
Max Train Weight

For Mh's they sometimes give The Max Weight

This is the max LEGAL Weight for the MH including passengers, water. fuel, cycles & racks, etc.

The Paylad is the amount of luggage (including cycles, roof boxes, passengers, water etc) that you can add

Subtract The Payload from the Max weight should give the Kerbside weight

The Max train load should (but seldom is ) given so that you know the weight of any trailer/caravan that you can tow
Max Train = Max Load + Caravan Weight

Does this give a clearer picture
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 18 January 2005 9:13 AM

PWI: I'm sure your 'weight' question is answered on the KEY page that immediately precedes the Buyers Guide section.

If you want fuller information I suggest you search the Old Forum using keyword "payload" (omitting the inverted commas) which will retrieve lots of material on this matter including a posting of mine titled "Payload calculations" (of 13/08/2003) that you may find useful. As this is a recurring subject, you could try searching the current forum too.

I assume your 'home page' section is a complaint rather than anticipating an in-depth answer, but I expect it's because the guys who are tasked to keep the site updated haven't got round to doing it yet. Wht not e-mail the 'management' if you feel really aggrieved?
userPWI
Posted: 21 January 2005 1:50 AM

Thank you. I can understand it now.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator