Vets in Europe

Roryboys Dad

Many of you take your pets into Europe each year and one question that seems to crop up time and again is – 'Which Vet do I use for the Pet Passport scheme on the way back to the UK?'

Now, help is at hand!

I have compiled a list of recommended Vets throughout Europe and have put them on to a Google Map - http://goo.gl/maps/dGJM - and also a printable Pdf document.

The map is updated on a regular basis and the document on a monthly basis.

So far there are over 120 Vets who have been recommended by Motorhome owners that I have added to the lists and I'd like to add even more with your help.

Visitors to Europe, especially first time travellers, with a pet in tow find that looking for a Vet is just one more problem to encounter and if they, and us, know where to look en-route back to the UK then our efforts will help to allay their worries.

Some of you just look in the French Yellow Pages (www.pagesjaunes.fr) and seek out the nearest one to you whilst in France but many prefer to know that their chosen Vet can possibly speak English, the opening times and which days, how near to the Vet they can park their MH and the approximate price they have to pay.

As they say 'every little helps' - and if our input can help some Members on these forums to have an even more relaxing holiday then we have at least achieved something positive.

Could I ask you to submit details of any European Vet you have used since the new DEFRA rules came in force on January 1st 2012 and I will add them to the present lists.

Any up-dated information regarding the Vets already on the list is also welcomed.

Well done, and welcome to argument central - aka the forum - you may wish to add this one in Alencon?

Very friendly, English speaking and charged just 15 Euros plus 10 Euros for the Drontal earlier this year - half of which we still have unused ready for next time as an incentive to return!

http://clinique-coubertin.fr/

We have used this one which used to be in the town centre at Ardres but has now moved.

Again very friendly but charged around £45 Euros last year.

http://www.societe.com/societe/clinique-veterinaire-du-camp-du-drap-d-or-480201342.html

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid Pont de l'Arche is well out of date as the vet, Dr. Marie, just left the practice 2 or 3 years ago and no-one knew where he had gone - apparently he went south!

The new people also have a practice in Louviers. There are about 3 vets now at Pont de l'Arche and I don't know who I saw in September but he was a very pleasant man and the charge was lower than before. He was extremely patient with the dog and fed her the tablet that I had provided bit by bit as she really hated it!

The price for my dog, a small Sheltie, was very reasonable. Unfortunately I can't find the exact amount but I think it was about €26 (?). I also don't know whether he spoke English as we conversed in French but most French vets do.The practice is very convenient for the campsite and the aire.

Opening hours by appointment only:

Tues to Friday: 9h / 13h - 15h / 19h

Saturdays : 9h / 13h

Veterinaire's phone number: 02 35 23 19 88

Chateaudun, on the N10 S of Chartres has a decent Aire and a municipal campsite. The vet is in the adjacent St Dennis Les Ponts, just across the road from Leclerc supermarket. All female vets, very pleasant and efficient, happy to use our Milbamax, €30 including a thorough fondling examination, which the dog appeared to enjoy and I (almost) envied.

Clinique Vétérinaire des Minières

Route de la Varenne

28200 Saint-Denis-les-Ponts

France

+33 2 37 45 10 41

• 3 years later...

This page is a great idea!

I stopped over in Han-sur-Lesse in Belgium, just east of J23 on the A4/E411, south of Namur. Pleasant vet, English ok & familiar with Pet Passport regulations. She charged €30 to observe me administer my own Milprazon and complete the paperwork. Vétérinaries Associés sprl Bertrand & Bartholomé, 9 Rue de Malispré, 5580 Han-sur-Lesse, tel 084/37.79.55. The surgery is at the side of a private house. BTW, this town is an excellent stopover. The aire has power, water and drainage for €9 per night, and there are plenty of eating places. Staff at tourist information (where you pay for the aire) very helpful. Just 10/15mins from the motorway.

I can't see how to place a pin - can you do this for me? Thanks

Much appreciated. I list below those we have used in our travels since first taking our border terrier Benjie with us when he was 8 months old. We always carry our own Milbemax Chewable worming tablets (purchased from petdrugsonline.co.uk and much cheaper than from vet.practices).

Clinique Vétérinaire de la Paix, Docteur Françoise Gonna, 28,avenue du General de Gaulle, 55430 Belleville/Meuse (Verdun).www.cliniqueveterinairegonda.com Tel: 03 29 86 50 40. On 04/07/16 was 22.90 euros, and on 29/10/18 was 23.50 euros.About 1 km north of Verdun, and a further 500m past the vet can overnight on the car park by the War Memorial.

Clinique Vétérinaire, 14 rue Jean Moulin, 56300 Pontivy, Brittany. www.clinique.pontivy.veto.pro Tel:02 97 25 16 89. On 10/10/16 was 36.50 euros.

Clinique Vétérinaire, 28 rue des Muriers, 71240 Sennecey le Grand. Mail:clinique.veterinaire.des.muriers@orange.fr , www.cliniqueveterinairedesmuriers.chezmonveto.com Tel: 03 85 44 84 92. On 28/10/17 was 32 euros.

Clinique Vétérinaire Les 3 Rivieres, 2 rue des Bergeronnettes, 86370 Vivonne. Mail: selarlies3rivieres@gmail.com Tel: 05 49 43 56 61. On 02/07/18 was 33.00 euros.

All the above have English speaking vets.

John

We used a vet in Stuttgart after visiting the motorhome show and she was very cheap and efficient with her exit check for our dog, I think €8.00. The visit was in January of this year. English spoken.

Kleintierpraxis

Dr Birgit Drescher, Bientzlestr. 14 70599 Stuttgart Birkach Tel 0711 455107

Our regular vet in Garrucha who does our normal exit check is

Clinica Veterinaria Garrucha, Passeo del Malecon, 204, 04630 Garrucha Almeria. English spoken.

However, this would really only be suitable if going directly to Dover, or indeed the ferry, due to the 5 day legality of the check

Archived