WI FI recievers

Pete-B

Evening all, We're looking to get a WI FI receiver basically for use in this country whilst we're on campsites. The likes of Caravan club etc supply WI FI but very often the signal is weak on parts of the site.

The good lady needs it most evenings for essential bookwork she has to do and I'm also told most of these receivers can split the single signal so, if necessary, I could also use it at the same time.

If anyone could suggest or give any advice on which would be a good, reasonably priced model to look at I would appreciate that.

Pete,

It seems that you missed the recent thread starting 01/10/18, titled wifi boosters. Scroll back a couple of pages and you will find it. Have a read and click link to Velotron's guide.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/WiFi-booster/50350/

https://www.veletron.com/motorhome-internet-access-guide/#wifirepeater

Have you considered the alternative of using a mifi device, which Velotron also covers in his blog. It could work out cheaper. I recently purchased a quantity 2GB EE data SIMS for £5 each. They last for 30 days.

Alan

hi

i have used 4G Roof Antenna, MiFi & Quick Mount Fitting Kit for the last 2yrs in the uk and spain/portugal for business and I can thoroughly recommend it. it works better than the bt super fast broadband at home! it's easy to fit yourself (if you can generate the courage to drill a 20mm hole in the roof of your pride and joy!) or go to your dealer.

the sim card is down to the use you need and i would discuss this wiht your intended supplier

good luck

When I took out a new mobile contract with EE I got given a free 4g wifi gadget with its own 5GB of data. My phone has 5GB and the 4G has 5GB all for the same contract price, and, if one runs out of data you can share it across devices. The 4G box works wherever there is a phone signal that is strong enough and we can run two or three devices from it. Great for stopping on aires and similar places. WE use site wifi if it is free or if we are staying a long time but the 4g box is great for when site wifi is crap.

I think you can buy the 4G unit from various suppliers and choose your mobile suppliers.

Worth a look

Archived