Warning light

weldted

Check your oil level It may contain diesel in the sump. You just may have had a failed regen ' would then need draining and fresh oil change and diagnostic check by Fiat with the outcome hopefully just a level sensor/pressure sensor gone down No matter what Take Keith's advise and get professional help before driving anywhere

Thank you for your replies, it is telling me the low pressure light has failed not actual low oil pressure.

I stopped and checked the level which is correct. It has not risen which might suggest diesel has got into the sump and as the van has only covered less than 2000 I drove to our cottage very gently. I have just gone out and started the engine no warning lights displayed. Will speak to Fiat on Monday.

weldted

The Ducato Owner Handbook describes this message as shown on the attachment below.

The message is referred to in this Fiat Forum thread in the 28-07-2018 posting by ‘choirboy’, suggesting that the ‘oil-can’ symbol is amber in colour (ie. that it is giving a warning to the driver rather than an ‘order’)

https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/455379-euro-6-amber-oil-can-warning-light.html

The message warns that the instrument-cluster’s red warning light that indicates low oil-pressure in the motor has failed, though it’s worth noting that, in his later posting of 14-04-2019, choirboy says that he understands that the cause of the warning message was a faulty low-oil sensor.

As you know that there’s adequate oil in the motor, if it’s just the warning light that has failed (as the message states is the case) you should be safe to continue until it is convenient to get the problem looked at professionally. However, as has been advised above, it would be common sense to contact Fiat before choosing to drive on.

(OK - you’ve done the sensible thing - ;-) )

444573357_Warningmessage.png.f8b7102b3a8cd9c1f571c05c917f2a15.png

Archived