Warning lights - Peugeot Boxer

Guest Brian Ramsden

Guest Brian Ramsden
I have a 'van based on the 2.5TD Peugeot Boxer, manufactured in 1996. In the manual (page 28) under operation of the ignition switch it says that "The following warning lamps light: battery charger; handbrake; oil pressure; pre-heater (diesel); water in diesel filter." Further down the page it says "These warning systems are tested in position MAR." the next line is a series of pictograms for the battery; handbrake; oil; coolant temerature; coolant level; glowplugs and water in fuel. My problem is that the two lights relating to the coolant don't come on in the test sequence. They do light up "for real", however. My garage can't find anything wrong and i can't be 100% sure that they ever have come on, but I think they used to. The sensor malfunctioned last year and the garage changed it. The lights haven't worked sincein the test sequence, but did they work before? If anyone out there had a similar base vehicle, can they tell me if these two lights come on when they first turn on the ignition? If they should come on, does anyone know why they do not work in the test sequence, when they work "for real" Brian

Yes ours definately come on as you turn to the position before starter engagement, then after a few seconds go out. Not sure of the reason for yours not working but it seems to me there must be some connection to a test relay or MCU either been displaced by your garage or perhaps the relay/MCU has gone wrong by coincidence at the same time. P.S. you can hear something dropping out with a dull click as the lights go off.

Archived