Warning to prospective purchasers of Trigano Group or full timers

Sydney1

This link is to the 2020 Roller-Team warranty

https://www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk/file/uploads/raw/document/2021/09/09/14/41/roller-team-warranty-2020.pdf

There are two statements worth noting in the section headed "General Warranty Conditions (apply to the Roller Team Conversion Warranty and Body Integrity Warranty)"

· UK only – The Roller Team warranties only apply to motorhomes purchased within the UK and

used primarily within the UK. This means that the motorhome must not be used for continuous

journeys outside of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey or exported from the UK.

· Prohibited Uses. Your motorhome should only be used for recreational purposes and must not

be the permanent residence for any person, including you or any member of your family. Race or

rally use is prohibited.

The Trigano Group includes the following motorhome brands

Adria Mobil

Auto-Sleepers

Sun Living

Eura Mobil

ARCA

Autostar

Tribute

FORSTER

Auto-Trail

Challenger

Karmann Mobil

Benimar

Chausson

Mc Louis

CI

Font Vendôme

Mobilvetta

Elnagh

Notin

Roller Team

Kentucky

Rimor

Xgo

Randger

Not all of these brands will be marketed in the UK, and it may well be that not all of the warranties include the restrictions stated in the Roller Team warranties.

I suspect that this restriction will apply to most manufacturers.

Depending on the actual failure, there may still be a remedy under Consumer Law but, if the Warranty conditions are not met, it won't be covered by the Warranty.

crocs

This thread's original posting warned people considering buying a Trigano Group motorhome that the warranty may include the exclusion clauses that impacted on the couple mentioned in the posting's links.

It's always worth checking motorhome warranty terms and conditions very carefully if 'abnormal' usage is envisaged (eg. full-timing or continuous trips lasting many months). This warranty document relating to Auto-Sleepers (a Trigano Group company) does not have similar restrictions

https://orbit.brightbox.com/v1/acc-jqzwj/Auto-Sleepers/asset_management/assets/assets/000/000/446/original/Motorhome_Warranty_Issue_9_December_2021.pdf?1639403675

but (as you've said) such exclusions may well be included in many motorhome warranties - and not just those of Trigano Group products.

I actually believe that it's worth reading all Terms and Conditions, no matter what your usage. I'm a bit anal that way and always do.

The main point of my post is that, while something may have been excluded by the wording of the Warranty, it may well still be covered under Consumer Law, so one should never give up on seeking redress. Equally, the Warranty exclusions may succeed, so it is a risk that people need to be aware of.

Archived