Warranty work on new Burstner motorhomes

Colin and Jean

You'll have to ask your nearest Burstner dealer. The only pre-condition I'm aware of is that any such work must be carried out by a Burstner dealer. The supplying dealer should do this without quibbling, but a dealer from whom you did not buy may decline as he has not had the profit from the sale. Some will, others won't.

Thanks Brian I did ask the question from the dealer we bought from but the answer was a bit vague but I will ask if he has a good relationship /arrangement with another dealer when we collect the Burstner in April /May. We should have bought close to home probably Brian but when a carrot or good deal is put in front of you its very temping.

Regards

Colin.

Burstner’s warranty will be ‘pan-European’, so any UK Burstner agency should be authorised to carry out mandatory under-warranty maintenance (eg. annual water-ingress checking) or repair.

People move around and it would be unreasonable for Burstner to insist that someone buying a new Burstner motorhome from (say) a dealership in Portsmouth must have warranty work carried out at Portsmouth if the motorhome buyer moves house to (say) Dundee.

The Burstner website’s find-a-dealer feature shows 3 agencies within 65 miles or Bristol, so you have a fair choice. I’ve no personal experience of Chelston Motorhomes at Wellington, but Cotswold motorhomes at Gloucester and Moran Motorhomes at Ludlow both have an excellent reputation.

Your purchase contract wil be with the Manchester Burstner agency (presumably Emm-Bee Motorhomes) and if there were problems with your motorhome that ought to have been addressed before the vehicle was handed over to you, another Burstner dealership might well refuse to deal with such faults. So check very very carefully before accepting your new motorhome and driving it away that there is nothing obviously wrong with it, and you might consider staying on a campsite close to the Manchester dealership for a night or so to become familiar with the motorhome and to confirm that everything works properly.

I also suggest you be a mite diplomatic when contacting a Burstner dealership more local to you. As Brian has said, there’s no obligation that a dealership that did not sell you the motorhome should agree to carry out warranty work on it or, if they do agree to do it, that you will be high on their priority list.

Just been in the same position with my Elddis 196. Bought new at last Feb's NEC show from a dealer who happened to be in Gloucester, 3 hours from us. Needed some warranty work done and spoke with an Elddis manager at the Oct show and he said they're happy for the work to be done by any Elddis dealer but it's up to the dealer if they want to do it but the dealer I bought from HAS to do it. Approached a local dealer and asked if they'd do the work and they declined, said they were very busy and what I wanted doing was very time consuming and Elddis wouldn't pay them enough to cover their costs. Replace bed motor, in their exp it's a five man hour job but they're only paid for one hour. In the end we took the M/H back to the Gloucester dealer this week and they couldn't have been more helpful. Did all the warranty work I asked them to do, did some repairs outside of what I'd asked and did the Habitation check at 20% less than their standard rates and what I'd been quoted.

We made it a few days away. Left Cambridge Tues lunchtime and stayed overnight for 2 nights at a super site in Gloucester, Briarfields park. Will defo do it for next year's checks

Thanks Derek for your help and advice.

We will certainly have a good look over the new vehicle before taking it away from the dealer.

We may be lucky with a local dealer who is happy to carry out warranty work but maybe to spend a few days away and get any work carried out by the dealer we purchased from is not a bad idea.

Regards

Colin

Archived